Jump to content

Kovbasa

Members
  • Content Count

    67
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

298 NPC

About Kovbasa

  • Rank
    Rabble Rouser

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Calgary, Canada
  1. I use quite a few P3 paints, though not exclusively. They don't have the widest variety of colours. I believe that they use liquid pigments, I find that they're noticeably thinner than other brands. I find them very useful for basecoating Bones minis.
  2. Oh, he is gloriously gribbly! And the eye is incredible. Well done!
  3. That lesson being: pay attention when assembling your model, and look at how pieces fit together to see if they'll be easier to paint separately rather than glued together. The fire demon is one of my favourite minis from Bones II, but I was still very new to the hobby when I got my shipment, so after washing and drying all of the minis, I didn't give a second thought to starting to assemble them in order to keep pieces from being lost. I quickly realized that this was going to make painting certain parts of this guy difficult. I also learned that CA remover dissolves Bones material much easi
  4. Great job! This guy is currently sitting on my desk, half base-coated with a similar colour scheme. I can only hope that mine turns out even half as well!
  5. Looks like you're getting ready for a 20 Goblin Winter! Good luck!
  6. I've never seen an undead beholder mini before, and you did incredible work, especially on the central eye! I only wish that I'd had one like him when my D&D group ran into one. Fantastic!
  7. Thanks for the link. I'll definitely check it out. The steel edging is a great idea. You know, I'd never considered that. It makes a lot of sense, and I might have to give that a shot in the future. Thanks for the idea.
  8. Love the colours and the blending! Great job!
  9. The picture doesn't show it very well (my photography and lighting skills are still very lacking), but the belly scales have a pale blue shading on them. It's definitely more noticeable when seen live. But you're definitely right. I originally had them fading from an ivory into a more pure white, and when I looked at it a couple of days after I was "finished" I realized that I couldn't really notice any definition so I went back and redid it.
  10. Also finished off my Barrow Wardens. I might have gone a little heavy on the rust, but I'm still trying to get the hang of it. I might have to try thinning out the brighter rust from the Vallejo special effects so it flows into the crevaces more easily.
  11. My first dragon ever! I'm really happy with how the wings turned out.
  12. Bit of a bump. It took me a while to get around to actually trying some of these special effects - I don't seem to do a lot of painting in the summer. Anyhow, I figured that the Bronze Bull would be a good test bed for some of them. I've got a picture below. Please excuse the amateur paint job and poorly lit photo. The only thing that I have to compare the verdigris to is Vallejo's previous verdigris. I didn't look carefully when I ordered the set, and thought originally that they were just repackaging the old stuff. It's pretty apparent that this isn't the case. The old verdigr
  13. That is absolutely brilliant! I don't know which I am more jealous of - your creativity, or your painting ability.
×
×
  • Create New...