Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1422 Adventurer

1 Follower

About GodOfCheese

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

783 profile views
  1. GodOfCheese

    Angel of Protection

    Sometimes when I imagine the mechanics of monster summoning, it's kind of like Uber or Lyft. You select a particular summoning option, and someone picks up the call without really knowing what the mission will be. Anyway, we needed an angel. Our prayers were answered, but apparently this one was on the way to the Celestial Daycare, or maybe had just completed another summoning gig involving orphans when she showed up for this gig. I can imagine any number of ways this could have gone. But in any case, this one arrived with a baby, and without a nose. She fight off our enemies with only one hand and without any olfactory senses. It was truly impressive!
  2. GodOfCheese

    77190 : Nethyrmaul the Undying

    I particularly love the eyes... the pale, almost-gone ghost-grey of the pupils. SUPER creepy. VERY nice. :-)
  3. GodOfCheese

    Calamari of Unusual Size (pic-heavy)

    The prospect of "some" large sea beasts has me slightly apprehensive here... ;-)
  4. GodOfCheese

    Calamari of Unusual Size (pic-heavy)

    Thanks! I'll see if I can do a scale picture... the hard thing with this beastie is that all the flailing tentacles make it hard to get the camera to focus on the right places :-) Thanks! For some reason getting the transitions to blend was really hard with the tentacles, so I'm glad it turned out the way it did. Other blending (like on the body) was straightforward. At first I wondered if I hadn't cleaned them properly and soap or something was reacting to some of the paint but not others. Very weird, albeit fun. :-)
  5. GodOfCheese

    Calamari of Unusual Size (pic-heavy)

    I like to think of this as an "all-that-can-eat-you meal", best prepared deep fried. :-) This beastie was very challenging to paint, and all throughout I kept trying to figure out what I would do for a base. The shipwreck is awesome, but it left the tentacles so close to the tabletop that I felt it might make play challenging, assuming we ever use it, so I figured it needed some seafloor and weeds.
  6. +1. If you don't wish to post, would you mind DMing me a link? I built a wall-mounted shelf for this purpose but have since exceeded its capacity and WifeOfCheese has informed me that I must not make any more of them.
  7. GodOfCheese

    Black Friday Deals

    I had a lot of trouble adding HD paints to my cart. It looked like some of the calls were just timing out, but others completed with conspicuous speed, which might indicate being out of stock, since the problem *seemed* to occur more with certain colors than others. Finally decided that waiting for the site might outweigh the savings on the paints I couldn't add to my cart and checked out with what I had :-)
  8. GodOfCheese


    Wonderful detail. I love the base!
  9. GodOfCheese

    Imperious Swordswoman

    This bones mini came attached to a rectangular base, like a coffin-top. The base was larger than a standard grid, so I chopped it off and stuck the mini on this base instead. I figured it would give her a fun windswept look, like she was glaring down at the battlefield from a height. :-) The TMM globbed in a strange way on this mini that wasn't obvious to the naked eye. I'm wondering if some of this is glare...? Next problem: the base made her too tall to fit into my miniature storage...
  10. GodOfCheese

    Roaring Barbecue Smite!

    SonOfCheese mentioned offhand that I would have to be "insane" to try to blend Cyan to Yellow, so I took this as a challenge. :-) Being Celestial and all, the Solar (IMHO) should have brightly colored wings. I dithered on what to do with his sword. I wasn't too keen on the sword being just a sword, so I ventured into a little bit of OSL with it. Suggestions/comments/criticism appreciated if you have it, as this is uncertain territory for me :-D I did not want his MeatClaws(tm) to glow, because that would damage the delicate flavor of any celestial barbecue he chose to make with them.
  11. GodOfCheese

    Air Wraith

    I decided that this guy should be a murky wraithlike creature composed of pollution and toxicity. Kind of an undead elemental, or hostile free-roaming vapor. ;-)
  12. GodOfCheese

    77503: Temple Dragon

    The blending is gorgeous! Is that the base the model came with, or is it custom?
  13. GodOfCheese

    Don't Drink and Delve

    I love it! Literal LOL :-)
  14. GodOfCheese

    Creepy Scarecrow

    I'll try washers first-- I have those laying around. It also has the advantage of being ferrous so if I choose to do anything interesting with magnets, the base will stick. In re-basing this mini I've replaced a wobbly but heavy base with a stable but light base, so although the mini is now net-steadier, it also now has a much higher center of gravity. I also considered very carefully boring a hole into the center of the "rock" from underneath and filling that with hot glue and BB's or something heavy, but I didn't want to risk damaging it.
  15. GodOfCheese

    Creepy Scarecrow

    Thanks, I'll try that! I was thinking about using washers but haven't tried it yet. Coins are out of the question because the pin attached to the mini goes through the base and is folded down and glued into place inside the plastic cylinder. That pin would probably interfere with using a washer. The metal mini is VERY heavy so I might need to use several... hmmm.