Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sharkbelly

  1. I was pleased with how it turned out, so I did the same to the back half. After a quick dry brush on that, I have based coated the riders with a brighter red.
  2. The next step is painting the horses' barding dark red and any leather trimming brown, and then washing with Agrax Earthshade.
  3. Thanks, I'm looking forward to it too. Todsy I painted the skin and hooves on the front half of the horses as well as the leather harnesses. Afterward everything got a wash of Agrax Earthshade.
  4. Next up for my army of the dead are these Vampire Knights. I spent a lot of time today base coating and washing. The skull heads on the horses got a base coat of beige and flesh wash. The faces of the vamps, underneath their helms, got a medium grey and Nuln Oil. The gold trim on the barding is base coated with gold and then a flesh wash. During much of this I was watching Bram Stoker's Dracula. I thought that would be appropriate. 😀
  5. Once I got going on this, it seems I couldn't leave it alone. It came together very fast (and it helps that I had more free time this week.) Here is the finished model. The two heads and weapons are pinned so that I can swap them out. Along with the Coven Throne, which I painted several years ago, the Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon make the centerpieces of my growing undead army.
  6. Thanks! I spent some time researching a basing scheme for this army. Today I began work on the vampire lord rider. The armor got a base coat of medium red and a wash of Agrax Earthshade, then several dry brushes to pick out the edges of the armor. I also painted the flesh of the two heads and started on the metal of the weapons.
  7. I love the combination of lights and darks. Keep it up!
  8. Great project! I look forward to following your progress.
  9. With the skin color set, I have spent some time getttìng that mostly done. The guts and exposed muscles get a coat of red.
  10. Nope. Just left them unglued, and that seems to work. Today I have been testing out a color scheme for the skin and wings.
  11. Thanks for the encouragement, all! I made some good progress today. I base coated most of the bone in beige and applied flesh wash. Then I dry brushed it with beige and white.
  12. Hi all, my next project is to finally paint this big fellow. It is a kit that makes either a Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon or a Terrorgheist (something like a giant bat dragon) with optional rider. I have chosen to not glue certain parts so I can use it as both.
  • Create New...