Posts posted by Kro
20 minutes ago, ladystorm said:
I look forward to seeing you guys at PAX Unplugged! Will you be there ladystorm? Will you guys have any of the bones 4 minis on display?
I got mine (US) on Friday and I was a late backer, so I really should be one of the last (in the US)
Any chance you've gotten back to them?
Also how big are they? Any chance you could post a pic of them next to Sir Forscale (or similar)?
Is the price for the forest known?
I snagged Backer #10 between meetings today :D
I think you mean 2 days 1 hour and 41 minutes.... not that anyone's counting
2 Hill Giants
6 sets of Amazon Statues
6 sets of Spartan Statues
1 extra set of Monsters (from core)
1 extra set of Dire Beasts (from core)
Pretty much one of everything else, apart from modern stuff/chronoscape/King of the Jungle,and Rauthuros, and the stone tiles.
May add a 7 and possibly 8 set of statues too... they're so cheap and so good. There are always statues somewhere in D&D...
I'm on the fence. I snagged one of the $230 slots... Keep going back and forth on it tho.
For anyone who got the doors, how well do they stand on their own?
Here's the latest Copy/Paste from the comments:
Reposting for new visitors of this comments section...
Here are some of the key things that are very concerning about this campaign:
- The 3 creators are not Canadians, yet they’re posting this as a Canadian-based project. They are all Pakistanis, but they are not posting this as a Pakistani campaign. They said it is because one of their first financial backers is located in Canada, who had paid for them to take trips to visit Canada. Nothing’s wrong with being Pakistani, but something’s wrong when you’re pretending to be someone you are not.
- Plagiarism - refund policy copied from another KS campaign without even fixing it to show the correct currency.
- Plagiarism - their posted rulebook has astounding similarities when compared to the Massive Darkness rulebook, with many paragraphs copied word for word.
For your reference, here’s a side-by-side comparison one of the backers have posted:
- They haven’t posted an update addressing all the concerns that backers have raised since the rulebook was posted. Campaign updates trigger emails and other forms of notifications to all backers, which will be an effective way to inform all backers of the current situation and how they choose to handle it. Yet, no updates on that topic, just some responses on the comments page, which get hidden unless someone decides to go in and dig through it. The latest update mentions nothing about the plagiarism accusations. The creator only said in the comments section that: “Its unfortunate that the alpha version bears uncanny similarity with the said game's rule book but since it's not the final version there is no need for us to address this any further than we already are.”
- CMON’s CEO, Chern Ann Ng, has filed a DMCA notice against them for this. Screenshot for your reference posted by @Impact! Miniatures:
- Plagiarism - they copied Mythic Games’ KS profile biography word for word.
This is Foxtales’ profile bio:
This is Mythic Games’ profile bio (starting at the 2nd paragraph):
I'd suggest anyone backing read through the BGG threads about this too. I've just reduced my pledge to $1 to keep watching, and plan on bailing completely before the end. It seems to be a scam. With the comments in an uproar about the rules they go and release another update not mentioning it at all, pretending nothing is askew. I'd assume they're trying to maintain appearances for the people not reading the comments.
Makes me sad, I was really looking forward to some of those minis, and the buildings :(
2 minutes ago, Talae said:
If I buy this I'm going to keep it hidden, paint it when noone is around, and then volunteer to DM the next time either of my groups finishes our adventures... and lead up to a big boss fight at the end, lean over and pull this out of a box and (gently) slam it on the table.
Or maybe take the time to build a gaming table with a trap door and an elevator to have him rise up... and toss some dry ice in there with him...1
1(elevator idea stolen from typo360 at BGG forums)
It's on the "coming soon" list which AFAIK means there is no current outlook, they need to figure out how to package it as it does not fit in any of their standard packaging.
I've been waiting/watching for Goremaw for ~11mo. I almost bought one on Ebay but it ended up going for more than I could justify. I haven't seen any listed in a while.
53 minutes ago, ladystorm said:
That is a great question that we can't answer yet.
We won't know which way it is going to go until we see the production proofs.
Do you have a rough idea of when you may see those proofs that you can share with us?
4 hours ago, Crowley said:
Question for Friday, July 6th: Do you display your minis? If so, how do you decide which minis to display? And how do you display them? If not, why not?
Bonus Question: Is anyone else displaying one of your minis?
At the moment all of my minis big and small live on tv trays set up in the corner of my gaming room (or are strewn about the table), where the DM sits so he can grab anything he needs.... As for actual display, all the ones we've taken the time to paint well so far live in the little display case sitting on the TV tray or are almost constantly in use on the table
Of course, when Bones 4 gets here I'll be more than tripling the number of minis, and more than octupling (8x) the number of large and above minis... so I plan on setting up shelves in the GM's corner of the room to hold all of the minis.. Not quite sure what kind of shelves, but I have ~8 months to figure it out :D
I would suggest uploading a picture as soon as possible with Sir Forscale to give people unfamiliar with Ma'al a good sense of her size!
.... or maybe get a set of that Star Trek Bridge Crew nominated for the same award and have a pic of Ma'al munching on a few of them with the rest running from her
36 minutes ago, Talae said:
Could you take a close up of the bookshelves with Sir Forscale standing next to them?
37 minutes ago, ladystorm said:
we'll have good images afterwards.
Awesome, I really wanted to see the scales on Argent but couldn't make much out over the feed.
Thanks for the reply! I always look forward to the news posts. One of these days Goremaw will be included in them! :D
Will there be a news post on the figures you expect to release in July?
I'm mildly annoyed that it is taking almost 3 months to ship all the US orders
I don't have an issue with giving them the benefit of the doubt for now.. we have 27 days before the campaign ends. If they haven't answered questions satisfactorily by late in the campaign I'll pull out.
11 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:
Ouch... None of the pictures really seem to show cardboard buildings...
Definitely helps explain that price discrepancy though.
The pictures near the very bottom of the campaign page show the cardboard --- but yeah they should have definitely made it more apparent what was in each pledge level. I'm in for it all for now, but will be watching as you guys uncover more about the mystery bunch running it.
Critit Animal Companions Miniatures
I hope they all get unlocked, I can always use more animals