Jump to content


paintybeard

Members
  • Content Count

    1466
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Posts posted by paintybeard


  1. 2 hours ago, Pingo said:

     

    It got so that when I picked up the first issue of Neil Gaiman’s “Sandman” the day it hit the newsstands, I recall thinking “This is pretty good. Too bad it”s going to be cancelled.”

     

    I thought the same when I read Terry Pratchett's first book, "The Colour of Magic":

     

    "What a good book! Such a pity that the author killed off the lead characters, so there will never be a sequel!"

     

     

    • Haha 6

  2. 55 minutes ago, TGP said:

    Weekend Questions for:

    May 18 to 19 ~ Do you prep Miniatures in well in advance of painting them?   (Scrape mold lines, prime, shade...etc.)

     

    If Yes, are you going to prep some this weekend for the Memorial Day Weekend Painting Binge (which is next weekend)?

     

     I only prepare a few at a time, immediately before painting. If I do too many too far in advance  tend to loose my sense of motivation.

    • Like 4

  3. 5 minutes ago, TGP said:

    Question for:

    May 14th ~ What dumb things have you done lately in the kitchen ?

     

    Started making cheese again! 2 batches finished so far, plus ricotta made from the left-over whey. Now I just have to be patient enough to let it mature nicely.

     

     Also experimenting with making lamb bacon... updates to follow.

    • Like 5

  4. 1 hour ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

    There is some money to be made screaming at video games.  There has also historically been money to be made selling sugar pills and magic crystals.  

     

    I like maybe 10% of any given thing.  The other 90% I call the "Drek Tax".  Shows I liked to watch like TNG were supported, at least in part, by Jerry Springer.  These ecosystems are often more like wooly, tangled gardens.

     

    Youtube is an ecosystem of this sort, and its utility as a surprise source of additional funding for The Tank Museum is provided, at least in part, by cat slideshows and sketchy ufo documentaries narrated by a robot voice.  While it might pain me that David Fletcher talking about a Mark VI doesn't have the same draw as Horses Peacefully Snoring And Farting, it is what it is.

     

    TBH, I'm just waiting for somebody to mash those two together so I can watch Panzer IVs Peacefully Snorkelling And Fording.  

     

    As opposed to David Fletcher peacefully snoring and farting.

     

    But I might watch that, too.

     

    As Theodore Sturgeon said: "90% of everything is crap."

    • Like 3
    • Thanks 1

  5. 2 hours ago, TGP said:

    Question for:

    May 13 ~ What is a happy thought* that always works to make you happy ?

     

     

    Despite having done a lot of things I probably should not have I still have robust good health.

    Despite never really bothering to save money I still have enough to pay all my bills and indulge my hobbies.

    • Like 6
×