Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Level1painter

  1. Hi Guys, I recently got this Sea Lion miniature to use as a random encounter for my D & D campaign. When I got this miniature, the leg was bent and the entire original base was warped. I decided to make it a challenge to see if I could rebase it in a more dynamic pose that was a little more reinforced so that the mini would eventually start to droop. I carved the stones out of erasers that I glued and pinned together. I then cut the mini out of it's base and repositioned it onto the stone so that it was suspended in the air. This way the miniature would look like it was
  2. Long time, no see guys. Sorry I haven't been posting much. Recently moved houses which has taken a month to do so. Anyways, managed to get some free time which I used to paint this miniature. I first primed the miniature with a black primer before using a white primer at a 45 degree angle to simulate a light source. I stuck with a mostly natural palette consisting mostly of greens, browns and yellow. When applying the paints, I thinned them down first so that they were semi transparent. Doing so allowed the paints to show through the simulated light source from
  3. Thanks for the comment, the hard part was getting an idea of how to position the miniature so that it looked a little more natural as well as allowing enough points of contact to secure it.
  4. Yes, I agree. I would definitely love to see some bullywogs as well.
  5. Hi Guys, This one took a little while but I had a lot of fun doing it. The original mini had the figure standing on its tail awkwardly so that it was positioned mid air. I decided to make a base for it so that it wouldn't look like it was using its tail to do a jump attack. The column that the figure is standing on is made of an eraser. I used a knife to cut it into a basic rectangular prism shape. I then sliced off the corners at a 45 degree angle and glued them back onto the prism so that it made a column shape. I then proceeded use a scalpel to cut out the groves in the
  6. Hello again, A paladin I painted for a campaign I was playing in. Colour palette consisted of off whites and light greys. Red was used to try to make the mini pop a little. A metallic gold was used for detailing to try and add to the holy theme. Had a lot of fun painting this. - Level1painter Figure: Arcadia, Sunrise Knight Cadwallon Miniature PRODUCT SKU: RH-772
  7. @Glitterwolf Hey thanks for the kind words. Looking forward to posting more here.
  8. Hi Guys, This is my first time posting. I've always been itching to post but I was never confident enough with my paint jobs. Just decided to take the plunge. I painted the Bones Giant Wererat using a small brush for initial base coat followed by a layer of rough detailing to get some tones. Finished up with highlighting and a wash. This was for a dungeon encounter of a future game. Let me know what you think or if you have some tips for me to improve. - Level1painter
  • Create New...