Jump to content


Othikent

Members
  • Content Count

    428
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1789 Adventurer

About Othikent

  • Rank
    Enlightened

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male

Recent Profile Visitors

437 profile views
  1. Othikent

    The Black Coach (Games Workshop)

    Final piece of my second commission! It took a bit longer than I wanted to get it done. But as one of the larger pieces I've done so I'm glad to get it done at all. Painting it up wasn't too bad, assembly gave me some problems but I got through them. Over all I'm rather happy with it. Love to hear what you all think!
  2. Othikent

    Finished tree of despair

    Nice job on these!
  3. Othikent

    77389 Highland(er) Heroine - quick paint

    Very nicely done! The highlighting is very well done!
  4. Othikent

    Leviathans!

    Those are awesome!
  5. Othikent

    Bones 4 Dragon Turtle

    Great color work.
  6. Othikent

    02780 Water Elemental by J. VanSchaik

    Great work.
  7. Othikent

    Bones 4 Skeletal Chimera plus vampire rider

    Nice conversion.
  8. Othikent

    Umber Hulk (Wizkids)

    I get my styrene from model shops, you can get it online as well. The clear stuff is from a company called Plastruct I got a package of 30 rods 1/8"/ 3.2mm. I can't remember exactly what I paid for it but it goes for around $10-12 a package.
  9. Othikent

    Shipwreck golem

    Great work!
  10. Othikent

    Malifaux Metal Pandora, 1st use Kimera paint

    Nice work.
  11. Othikent

    Out-of-production TOMB KING from GW!

    Nice work.
  12. Othikent

    WizKids T-Rex aka "King of Feathers"

    I love this conversation! Great execution.
  13. Othikent

    Umber Hulk (Wizkids)

    Thank you. It was a fun project. As for my techniques. Well the mushrooms are just a little bit of green stuff I sculpted up. I did each in two parts. I rolled out the stems gave then a bit of a curve. The tops I started by making a tear drop shape then pressed a sculpting tool into the fat end to widen it out. Then a dab of superglue fastened the stem and tops together. Hope that helps. As for the drool. It's mostly clear styrene rod. I took a candle used the flame to soften one end of the rod and then used a small pliers to stretch it out. If you let go before it cools it will curl up and make some interesting shapes. I did this a bunch a while ago and have a small container of them. From there it's a bit of a puzzle, you just have to find the right ones cut them down and glue them where they look good. I then blended them together with many coats of gloss varnish. Hope that helps at all. I've also see people use hot glue for drool effects, but I haven't tried that.
×