Jump to content

Othikent

Members
  • Posts

    788
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Othikent

  1. Thank you! Glad you like them. I'd side on just stripping it. The prime job on the wizkids minis are more of a liability than feature in my experience. It has a tendency to be overly thick and uneven.
  2. Just a quick paint up. Decided to leave the wizkids primer in place and man did it give me problems. Paint just refused to stick to a few areas of the miniatures if i applyed any pressure with the brush. Took several layers of paint to shore it up and that clogged up a bit of detail. Over all they came out alright. Love to hear what you all think.
  3. Thank you! it was a fun project. Learned a lot doing it.
  4. Glad you all like it! The main coach came together easily enough. Connecting the horses to the main coach and getting them to line up right was a fight.
  5. Nice work. The color blending is nice.
  6. Nice work. A nice understated color scheme and good texture work on the dress. I Like it.
  7. Final piece of my second commission! It took a bit longer than I wanted to get it done. But as one of the larger pieces I've done so I'm glad to get it done at all. Painting it up wasn't too bad, assembly gave me some problems but I got through them. Over all I'm rather happy with it. Love to hear what you all think!
  8. Very nicely done! The highlighting is very well done!
  9. I get my styrene from model shops, you can get it online as well. The clear stuff is from a company called Plastruct I got a package of 30 rods 1/8"/ 3.2mm. I can't remember exactly what I paid for it but it goes for around $10-12 a package.
  10. I love this conversation! Great execution.
  11. Thank you. It was a fun project. As for my techniques. Well the mushrooms are just a little bit of green stuff I sculpted up. I did each in two parts. I rolled out the stems gave then a bit of a curve. The tops I started by making a tear drop shape then pressed a sculpting tool into the fat end to widen it out. Then a dab of superglue fastened the stem and tops together. Hope that helps. As for the drool. It's mostly clear styrene rod. I took a candle used the flame to soften one end of the rod and then used a small pliers to stretch it out. If you let go before it cools it will curl up and make some interesting shapes. I did this a bunch a while ago and have a small container of them. From there it's a bit of a puzzle, you just have to find the right ones cut them down and glue them where they look good. I then blended them together with many coats of gloss varnish. Hope that helps at all. I've also see people use hot glue for drool effects, but I haven't tried that.
×
×
  • Create New...