Jump to content

SirLancelittle

Members
  • Posts

    30
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by SirLancelittle

  1. 8 hours ago, Grand Slam said:

    Great looking bunch. That overgourd came out beautifully. I like the main eye and I dig the subtle touch of the "living" pumpkins being a vibrant orange (while the decaying pumpkins at the base have a much more muted tone).

     

    I like the artificer. Again, the blending is very nice on that red jewel from the satchel. My favorite detail is his slightly-reddened nose.

     

    Thanks.

     

    I was going for a rotten effect on the base and I wasn't sure if that came through. I feel like I could probably added some green and more contrast to make that stand out a little better.

     

    I feel like I've gotten a lot better with contrast on faces but I often think they need a little more color to look realistic. Most of my attempts to add color to faces have resulted in clown face, so I was really happy with the slight red on the nose here. I think it only works because his nose is so large, using this on other miniatures haven't turned out as well.

  2. Finally finished off the Dark Sword Miniatures kickstarter from like 5 years ago. All painted with Reaper paints.

     

    PXL_20220613_012856265.thumb.jpg.2dced0a32b4fd4314bd5f2a35aed372a.jpg

    Mediocre NMM. I swear it looks better in person.

     

     

     

    PXL_20220613_012830111.thumb.jpg.4ceb60dfc0a6940876bced4af1c1ee61.jpg

    I tried an OSL where the red fire made the blue/green sleeves look greener. I don't know if it looks realistic, but I'm happy with the effect.

     

    PXL_20220613_012842214.thumb.jpg.26e40cc8f31a6e8e47f140845ae0ffaa.jpg

    I originally tried a fall leaves cloak (yellow to red) and it didn't really work. After repainting, I'm pretty happy with this one.

     

    • Like 19
  3. 9 hours ago, Iridil said:

    I like how you did the OSL on the grass - great detail. Inspirational

     

    Thanks. 

     

    The base was a bit of a struggle. I used tufts over static grass because they were significantly taller but when I glued them on they weren't dark enough. I ended up using a dark wash to darken all the tufts but, if you look closely, you will see this caused a bunch of the individual strands to get stuck together (so it just looks a little off from close up). The dry brush on the base for the lantern glow worked better than I expected.

     

    This was definitely a fun piece to experiment with and I'm very happy with the result. 

×
×
  • Create New...