Howdy, I bought some Warlord figures and the rule book recently and I have a few questions.
1. How does army building work? It seems like I will field multiple of the same named sergeant (Or other named models for that matter). Is there no generic sergeant that I get to customize (Like +3 points for a great weapon, +12 for a bow, ect…), or are all my dwarf squads led by the exact same sergeant.
2. Is it allowed to switch in reaper legends model so I don’t have to play with 4 identical sergeants?
3. How is the game balance in warlord? Are there factions that usually prevail or lose?
4. Where would you rank the Dwarf and Overlord armies as losers or winners?
5. What are the dwarves and overlords strength and weaknesses?
I am trying to persuade 2-4 other people to pick up this game (as opposed to Warhammer) but the lack of information on the net on basic tactics and strategy on reapers web site is hindering me. There needs to be a section on the website that says “Dwarves: horde army, strong offense, slow, weak defense” so I can get a quick run down on the armies. Also a few battle reports would go a long way to help people learn basic tactics and game play. The same with CAV, I was a little interested, but I can't seem to find a basic rundown of the factions and their style of play. I’ve tried to sift through the tactics forum but I’m just looking for a simple overview of the factions in Warlord & CAV and basic tactics. Unfortunately, no one plays warlord in my area so I can't learn by watching games played in person.
Anyway, any answers or advice would be greatly appreciated.