Jump to content


Bones Supporter
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About CreganTur

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

CreganTur's Achievements


Instigator (4/8)



  1. The new sticker looks great on my mobile painting station.
  2. Here's what I took from the box. Love the CAV 'mech and the '86 Ral Partha knights on horseback! Also, Bones 6 promo adventure FTW. Really great stuff- hope someone likes what I added.
  3. Tracking shows arrival on Thursday the 12th. I will try my best to get it out Friday, but if I can't it will go out Monday. I'm out of town over the weekend.
  4. I'm excited to add my stuff to the box. Cast up a few special things to put in. Suspense seems to be the byword here, so I'm not going to give any details.
  5. Holy crap, I just discovered my Sansa Stark is on Dark Sword's official site! https://www.darkswordminiatures.com/shop/sansa-stark/
  6. Looking forward to this. I've actually got a big box of stuff in my closet I've been trying to give away/sell for a while. Most is product from when I did miniature reviews year ago; product I never got around to painting for myself after I wrote the article.
  7. I'm so sorry I didn't respond before now. Kids got sick last week and it threw everything out of whack. I'm still available to do this. Interested in sci-fi, can start a box. What other info do you need from me?
  8. I just found out about this. If it's not too late I'd like to sign up. Can start, interested in Sci-Fi.
  9. I've never completed a Chibi miniature, despite owning both Super Dungeon Explore and Arcadia Quest, and taking a couple Chibi painting classes at past Cons. However, the Golden Kobold competition has given me a reason to finish one of these cute monstrosities as I'm pushing myself to enter more contests. My skintone color selections created a happy accident. The purple was very striking, so I decided to continue with this. From the beginning I knew I wanted a strong OSL from the wand, so I began working up my highlights to be strongest in that direction. I also decided to make the hair blue after the original brown color I tried looked like crap. Thinking about the composition I decided to work with blues, prurples, and reds, trying to keep my light source in mind. When it was time to add the OSL I ran into some unexpected complications. The bright green paint I have is brand new, but the coverage is terrible. Worse than any yellow I've worked with. I ended up mixing in some other greens to get the paint to cover better, which gave a pretty good effect. For the final touches I'm working on a spell effect, but I'm kinda doubting my vision currently. This is about half completed. I need to add a silk bookmark to the center of the open book, as well as some rolled scrolls that I want to have also swirling around in the magic. I've also got to finish painting the green.
  10. This project is now complete- very proud of what I've been able to do.
  11. This is a very well-executed idea so far. Last year I was working on some resin tests and discovered a technique for getting a decent base shape for coral. Fill a cup with chipped ice- there needs to be some space between the ice chips for the resin. Because of the temperature difference it's not going to make it very far down inside the cup, so you'll need to do a few test runs to get good results. The resin comes out with a naturally twisting shape that can easily be worked into some coral.
  12. The rust effect started by doing all the rust over the entire figure, then applying a masking agent- you can use salt masking (which is great but can be hard to control) or by sponge stippling on some silicon mold making compound. After all of the main yellow was painted on I removed the masking to reveal the rust. Next was a lot of brush work to enhance the rust effect.
  13. Had a couple of really good painting sessions over the weekend. Completed Mary: I spent a lot of time debating adding the white tip to her tail, but it makes such a big difference that I'm really happy I did. Also worked on GRITT's backpack. I stippled a couple different browns over the area, which made a really nice effect, then started on some highlights: This is what I've worked up to at this time. Some of the higlights seem too extreme and it seems like I've lost some midtones. Also I want to keep working on the little freehand to make it pop more, as well as ensure the fox tail flourish on the cursive 'M' reads well (Also some of the paints I'm using apparently dry very shiny):
  • Create New...