The wait is over gents! Here is the official announcement for the Cav-Con2019 Warmaster Tournament! Prize pictures and details below.
Rules and Guidelines:
- A force for the Warmaster tournament will be composed of a single ‘Honor Squad’ with 4-6 models. Honor Squads, like specialist squads, may be composed of any mixture of units (CAV’s, Tanks, Aircraft).
*Please note that this is a fan run tournament unrelated to the official Cav-Con 2019 tournament.
- Points spent on models shall not exceed 2500 TV however you will receive a bonus of 500 TV points for upgrades. Using the most recent CAV: FM program is highly recommended and can be found here. http://talon-games.com/downloads/CP/CAVFMv1728b
- Your force may be composed of any mixture of units from any faction except where listed below. However, a bonus of 1 CP per game will be awarded to a force composed of units from a single faction. This represents an ‘honor guard’ unit being sent to represent their regiment/planet/etc...that is accustomed to training and fighting together.
- This force will follow Gold Tier: Level III Tournament rules found here. https://www.talon-games.com/firststrike/
- Battles will be fought in a one on one style with victory points being calculated at the end of each game and totaled after all pairings have been played through to determine a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner. (see first
strike tournament rules link above for a list of victory points). Battlefields and deployment sides will be determined at random via dice roll.
- Initiative will be determined via dice roll at the beginning of each turn. Units with the task ‘recon’ will allow a +1 to this roll (non-stacking).
- Each game will have a time limit of 60 minutes so be aggressive!
- Each side will activate their entire squad at a time (No I go, you go).
- No more than 2 of the same model may be fielded. This includes variants; i.e. Dictator A and Dictator B would count as 2 Dictators and thus reach the limit.
- No more than 1 model with the SA ‘Bulky’ may be fielded.
- No ODST Upgrade may be taken
- No artillery may be taken (either by task designation or weapon type)
- No infantry may be taken (this tourney is for pilots only, no ground pounders allowed!)
- No battlefield upgrades (revetments, minefields, etc… this is a stand-up fight!)
The CavCon 2019 Tournament will take place Friday, August 30th, 9am to 5pm.
What do you win?!
What’s up for grabs!? Winners will receive a painted miniature of their choice to be placed on a custom Warmaster 2019 trophy plinth designed, printed, and painted by Christopher Wailes. Painted Miniatures provided by Todd Farnholtz, Ross Hines, and Christopher Wailes. Additional Prize Support to be provided by Talon Games (TBD).
So that’s it. Strap in, fire up your Breeders, warm up those particle guns and arm those warheads; lets rock!
CAVCON 2019 Warmaster Rules.docx