Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags '1/72 scale'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • News
    • Reaper General & Faq's
    • Reaper's Product Lines
    • ReaperCon
    • Reaper Virtual Expo
  • Reaper Social
    • Exchanges and Contests
    • Birthdays!
    • Socializing
  • Painting
    • Show Off: Painting
    • Works in Progress: Painting
    • Tips & Advice: Painting
    • Shutterbug
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
  • Sculpting, Conversion, and Terrain
    • Show off: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Works in Progress: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Tips and Advice: Sculpting
    • Tips and Advice: Conversion
    • Tips and Advice: Terrain
    • Tips and Advice: 3-D printing
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 2 results

  1. December was an interesting month. I was apparently painting early in the month to avoid getting to my Christmas/holiday baking, and got a bunch of vintage vintage Minifig Tolkien figures done for some more retro-wargaming. Eventually the baking bug caught up and I got a reasonable amount of baking accomplished, after which it was time to pack up and drive to Michigan for some family time. I usually take some sort of hobby project with me, since I’m often up an hour or more before anyone else in the family. While I took painting this year, I ended up working on some fantasy maps for gaming (This, and this). Getting home involved some resting, but, by yesterday I was ready to paint again. My desk had been cleared off and all the surplus paint packed away and struck to the basement again, so I didn’t have anyhting in particular in progress. I decided to shake out the travel paint kit in a bid to see if I could get something else done and logged before the end of the month/year. My son has recently been adding a few things to his Hordes of the Things collection, and my travel paint box of miniatures had a couple of adventuring types, so that’s what I did. I probably have enough fantasy/medieval individuals in my Portable Fantasy Game kit at the moment. I started with the partially finished axeman, and then did the magic user. She started off as a Caesar Miniatures elf, but I trimmed her cat ears to deploy her as a human. That took me to lunch time. I wanted one more bodyguard for stand balance, so I grabbed an archer, glued it to a wine cork, ate lunch, and came back to prime it. I let the primer dry while I took a nap, then speed painted that figure. I played some Kingdom Builder on Board Games Arena with my sons while that dried, and then put some brush varnish on, and assembled the base while that was barely dry around supper time. I comfortably let everything dry/set for a couple of hours and put the final spray varnish on around 9:00PM. So, there you go, 2021’s last stand. Both bodyguards, by the way, are from a Strelets set (006, Army of Henry V). If the running total in my log is correct, that takes me to 163 figures for the year, which is about where I was last year, but rather short of my son’s logged 368 figures.
  2. Just got a pack of The Red Box 1/72 Dark Alliance Orcs:set 2 that I plan to use for goblins. The plastic is kind of rubbery, maybe a PVC material, unlike the styrene like plastic I was expecting. It is for the best to be honest, main sprue can be bent in half and returns to original shape with nearly no trouble and only a tiny bit of discoloration. That will at least keep the tiny weapons from breaking easily. The plastic seems a bit like Bones, so filing does not seem too effective. Plan is to clean and wash them on the sprues then pin the sprue itself to some sort of anchor for painting. Probably give them each a paperclip shortbow or a couple javelins from hammered paperclips.. Since I kinda like the base colour of the plastic, first thing is to start with a wash of Minwax polyshades Antique Walnut and see what happens.
×
×
  • Create New...