Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Ancients of AtalÃ¡n'.
I started by giving him a base coat of MSP Clockwork Brass, then used various washes and inks I had to give him different colors in random patterns. I had to go back with a light coat of brass to get some of the shine back. I used Tamiya Clears to make the "eyes" really pop out. I also added Metallic Medium (metallic white, basically) to the brass as highlights on some of the edges of the metal. The base is mostly pumice paste, with some Army Painter grass clumps, flock and cork "rocks" to give it some texture. I used more inks and washes to color the pumice, then lightly drybrushed brighter colors over them to give it a little bit more texture. I did the same with the grass clumps - the matte medium from the inks & washes stage gave it some extra strength so that the drybrush stage worked even better. Then I put a heavy coat of gloss sealer over the whole thing (including the base) to help give the impression that it's underwater. I went fast on this guy because I was just having fun (as opposed to trying to make him look really nice), but even so he probably clocked in at 6-8 hours. I should really start timing myself so I know how long these things take.