Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Buckbeak'.
So here he is so far. He's being made for my daughter, so his name will probably end up being, Buckbeak... And that's okay. But I'm painting it in more of a golden eagle and bay color scheme, rather than the gray. I tried a dusky white/gray scheme first, but the sculpt didn't lend itself to those colors... I couldn't for the land find a satisfactory, unpainted hippogryph, so I used Starmane, Unicorn (02151) and Griffon (77157)--both lovely sculpts by Sandra Garrity. Took a little wiring to make it solid and to act as a skeleton for first plumber's epoxy, then greenstuff. The base is the bottom of a spackling tub reinforced with construction cloth and filled with epoxy (the 'grypy's wings make it a bit top heavy). I think it'll look pretty good when finished--soon I hope!