Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Caesar'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • News
    • Reaper General & Faq's
    • Reaper's Product Lines
    • ReaperCon
    • Reaper Virtual Expo
  • Reaper Social
    • Exchanges and Contests
    • Birthdays!
    • Streaming
    • Socializing
  • Painting
    • Show Off: Painting
    • Works in Progress: Painting
    • Tips & Advice: Painting
    • Shutterbug
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
  • Sculpting, Conversion, and Terrain
    • Show off: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Works in Progress: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Tips and Advice: Sculpting
    • Tips and Advice: Conversion
    • Tips and Advice: Terrain
    • Tips and Advice: 3-D printing
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 11 results

  1. Last month I held my nose to the grindstone, as it were, and painted a bunch of wargaming units, a dozen figures at a time. This month, I wanted to relax just a little, so I pulled a group of Caesar Adventurers (currently OOP) out of the queue, and amused myself by finishing off a couple of them. I’ve picture them here with Sir Forscale to show how not-big they are, which is why they make look just a little rough when blown up to more-than-life-size on the screen. It’s interesting to me, though, what you can do with a 1/72, if you aren’t in too much of a hurry. These were done
  2. So, I finished off the elf lady to boss the two saprolings at lunch yesterday, and the red witch today. I don’t do much greenstuff work; her broom is especially rustic... The saprolings look more impressive when upscaled; maybe 9 feet in comparison to the 1/72 figures...
  3. The next piece of my DBA 3.0 Bronze Age Libyan army has ben varnished and is ready for battle...as soon as 5 more stands of things get painted.
  4. I finished this troop of Libyans over a couple of lunches last week, but it took until today to have time to finalize the bases. These will be skirmisher (psiloi) stands for a 12-stand De Bellis Antiquitatis army to oppose my New Kingdom Egyptians. I need to magnetize a new storage box, since the Bronze Age project has now overflowed the first 4-liter Really Useful Box.
  5. I gave my older son a copy of the de Bellis Antiquitatis 3.0 rules for Christmas, and he has been inspired to dust off our joint 2009 project to do Egyptians vs Hittites in DBA. That did entail rebasing some chariots, and it looked like they might look lonely on the 60x80mm stands (vice 40x60 we had been using), so I painted 8 Egyptian infantry to serve as chariot runners and put two on each base when I rebased yesterday. Since I had some unfinished Libyan archers from BITD, I dusted them off and did four as two light infantry stands, to start an opposing army of my own.
  6. This morning I finished off a few 1/72 scale Caesar figures, from their fantasy adventurers and 13th century knights boxes, plus a Bones saproling as a 1/72 tree-thing...
  7. I started off last week to paint a few 1/72 scale plastics for my portable set. KISS, brighter colors, etc. Next step: use them in a game.
  8. A few 1/72 scale fantasy things to while away a rainy day. A few of the knights were from a recent business trip, but I finished three more to round out a commander stand yesterday.
  9. I’ve been chipping away at the 1/72 scale fantasy project this morning, with three Caesar elves and a Maid Marion from the old (sculpted in 1964) Airfix Robin Hood set. Assuming I get them based by Sunday, this would bring me up to 33 figures for the month. It hasn’t been too bad, considering all the Christmas hurly-burly.
  10. I cleaned up my painting space this weekend, which made it much more inviting: So, with my significant other off on a business trip early this morning, there was little to keep me from queuing up the podcasts and painting as long as I could stand it. I finished a couple of vintage TSR Star Frontiers ships, for generic SF usage: In the vintage SF line, I also did a simple paint scheme on two Grenadier Traveller Imperial Marines, acquired fairly recently from eBay: I had these two Airfix Robin Hood figures started
  11. So my older son was up for a visit this weekend with some gaming. After yesterday's Saga and Frostgrave games, we finished up this morning with a "traditional" game of Hordes of the Things (Wargames Research Group, 1991), which was one of the first wargames he learned to play. Since he was in middle school, we have generally played with 1/72 scale plastics, and, as an adult, he's quite adept at painting them. So, when we were done, I was inspired to dig through my boxes of projects set aside, and work up a couple of elves. (He drew up a campaign map a few years ago; I was assigned elves, but
×
×
  • Create New...