Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Custom Tree'.
Gauntfield, Necropolis Hero Yup, another WIP. Gauntfield has been in my kit for years. He has received most of the excess green stuff from everything I've ever built. I wanted the scarecrow to be standing behind a tree trunk, gnarled and dead for many years. So I started out by applying him to a base that filled the space up to his feet on the slot bottom he had and built the basis for his tree. As you can see, I used two skewer pieces as the center posts and set the "fork" of the tree I was looking for. Then I placed terrarium rocks around it to fill out the bottom of the trunk. Then over the years I scraped on any excess green stuff I had from projects. Tonight's effort was the eye of my Undead Dwarf. A very tiny amount of green stuff. Which is a little hard to mix and create at that size. It was smaller than a pin head. So the remainder went around one of the upright trunks from the tree of Gauntfield. Then after some thought on my efforts to create a bark exterior I decided the whole tree needed a skin and fill of some of the unnatural sections of green stuff. So I got out my green putty and went to town on the surface of the tree. I had primed the scarecrow and tree earlier so I just went right over that. You'll notice that the "skin" added is a bit rough. I'll go over it in a bit and clean it up once it's set a bit more. If I like the appearance of it, I will prime that and move on. If not, I will go over that a more until I am happy. Green putty is also a great product to smooth over a surface. So I made some of the sand around Gauntfield smooth with the putty while I was working the tree. Green putty dries really quick so within a few minutes I can sand the surface of it with my thumb or stiff brush. I have an old toothbrush for this. So, here's a second skim of "bark" with the Green Putty. I cut off the excess bamboo skewers and created a branch collar on each end where the trunks would get overgrown with the bark. Just below the saddle of the two trunks, I added a third trunk that has broken off and left a branch collar using the Green Putty. You can see that I "sanded" some of the skin and added more. Stay tuned.