Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Custom Tree'.
Found 1 result
Gauntfield, Necropolis Hero Yup, another WIP. Gauntfield has been in my kit for years. He has received most of the excess green stuff from everything I've ever built. I wanted the scarecrow to be standing behind a tree trunk, gnarled and dead for many years. So I started out by applying him to a base that filled the space up to his feet on the slot bottom he had and built the basis for his tree. As you can see, I used two skewer pieces as the center posts and set the "fork" of the tree I was looking for. Then I placed terrarium rocks around it to fill out the bottom of the trunk. Then over the years I scraped on any excess green stuff I had from projects. Tonight's effort was the eye of my Undead Dwarf. A very tiny amount of green stuff. Which is a little hard to mix and create at that size. It was smaller than a pin head. So the remainder went around one of the upright trunks from the tree of Gauntfield. Then after some thought on my efforts to create a bark exterior I decided the whole tree needed a skin and fill of some of the unnatural sections of green stuff. So I got out my green putty and went to town on the surface of the tree. I had primed the scarecrow and tree earlier so I just went right over that. You'll notice that the "skin" added is a bit rough. I'll go over it in a bit and clean it up once it's set a bit more. If I like the appearance of it, I will prime that and move on. If not, I will go over that a more until I am happy. Green putty is also a great product to smooth over a surface. So I made some of the sand around Gauntfield smooth with the putty while I was working the tree. Green putty dries really quick so within a few minutes I can sand the surface of it with my thumb or stiff brush. I have an old toothbrush for this. So, here's a second skim of "bark" with the Green Putty. I cut off the excess bamboo skewers and created a branch collar on each end where the trunks would get overgrown with the bark. Just below the saddle of the two trunks, I added a third trunk that has broken off and left a branch collar using the Green Putty. You can see that I "sanded" some of the skin and added more. Stay tuned.