Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Foam Core'.
I've been wanting a few quick space saving buildings for war gaming. I decided to make a few false fronts, but use a simplified biscuit (instead of a tab like many paper models) to make them free standing. Rolling out the brick pattern would help. These would be for my foam boards (insert link here sometime). But it turns out my plan of 3 row buildings (8.25x 6 )with separate corner pieces isn't going to fit. Need to decide whether to split up into 2 building pieces (5.5 in long x 6 in high) or do corner and 1 building and have them connect. I also now need figure out whether to plan for an alley when I didn't in my boards. Hmm. Stay tuned.
I'm in desperate need of organizing my work area. While cleaning, I found a small stack of foam core sheets. So, I formed a plan to get rid of some foam core sheets, open up some storage, and organize my painting area, all at the same time. Here's the project, presented wordlessly: Darn. I've run out of storage space already. I think I'll have to make a second one at least, what with more paint coming in from mail order and Reaper Kickstarters. Dimensions are 15" wide by 13" deep by 12-1/2" tall with a capacity of 126 bottles. Total material used for this project: just under 3 standard-sized sheets of foam board. It would have been 2-1/2 sheets, but on Tuesday the backboard went missing, and I accused the boys of taking it and playing with it and not returning it; on Wednesday I discovered the piece back where it was before after I had cut a replacement, and I accused the boys of returning it secretly to cover their earlier misdemeanor; and on Thursday my wife asked if I had noticed that I had got the foam core piece back, since she had borrowed it as a backdrop for taking eBay sale photos. I formally apologized to the boys for even suspecting them.