Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Klockenbeardy'.
Found 2 results
My fellow 5e player who also plays a dwarf, asked if I would be willing to slap some paint on a dwarf for him after he saw my Ivar conversion. While the Dain mini is a little ornate, I think he'll paint up fairly quickly. Let's see if I can't get him done by Wednesday. First I washed him in warm soapy water, and gave him a good scrub with a toothbrush. Then I clipped off his base, and used my trusty Happy Seppuku base stamp to help him match my Ivar mini. After giving him a day to dry, I coated him in Brown Liner. And painted the eyes with Linen White, and Viper Green. Then did the skin with a 50/50 mix of warrior flesh and ruddy flesh, the beard and horns with auburn shadow, and the bedroll with muddy olive. More to come!
As I'm actually getting to play 5e, and it looks like I'll get to keep playing for a while, I figured I should go ahead and pick a mini to represent my dwarven wizard.Now, he isn't your typical wizard, even for a dwarf, as he goes around in a chain shirt and swings his warhammer. So the Dwarf Wizard minis, as fun as they are, are out. Going through my Bones collection, I came across this guy: Ivar, Dwarf ClericNot a perfect fit, especially the backpack, but not bad. Also going against him was the fact that his hammer was miscast on my copy.So... to work!I started by removing the backpack, and giving him a good scrub to make sure any mold remover was washed off.Then I had to find a new hammer. The Bones Weapon Sprues had one that worked. Just about the right size...Clipped off the old hammer, drilled out the hand...And while I was at it, I cut off all the decorative stuff off the backpack, and trimmed the base. Then using my Happy Seppuku courtyard stamp, I gave him a fancier base to stand on. It's hard to see, but the pin is already in his hand, and you can sort of see the hole drilled in the shaft of the hammer.And here it is all glued together!Hmm... the anvil in the middle of the backpack... just doesn't do it for me. So I ripped the backpack off, and went back to my bits box.In the end I cut the bedroll and lower bag completely away, and used some greenstuff and superglue to put it all back. The barrel is from one of the Games Workshop Brettonian Infantry kits... I think the bottle might be as well, but I'm not 100% on that. I'm still debating adding a length of rope to the backpack... but otherwise, the modding is done, and it's time to get painting!