Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Knocking the rust out'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Reaper Discussion
    • News
    • Reaper General & Faq's
    • Reaper's Product Lines
    • ReaperCon
    • Reaper Virtual Expo
  • Reaper Social
    • Exchanges and Contests
    • Birthdays!
    • Socializing
  • Painting
    • Show Off: Painting
    • Works in Progress: Painting
    • Tips & Advice: Painting
    • Shutterbug
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
  • Sculpting, Conversion, and Terrain
    • Show off: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Works in Progress: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Tips and Advice: Sculpting
    • Tips and Advice: Conversion
    • Tips and Advice: Terrain
    • Tips and Advice: 3-D printing
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord


  • Reaper Events
  • Forum Contest

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Found 1 result

  1. Heyo! Been too long since I finished something, I know, but thought I'd do a quick model to start getting back up to speed before the imminent ReaperCon (since those How Not To Sucks don't teach themselves (yet)), and also as a test piece for some army painting I'll be doing all this week. I thought doing shiny teal NMM, burnished gold NMM, and some black highlighted up with the stone greys would be a fun way to get the hand working again, and Monique didn't fight me too much. Since she was a quick paint job I didn't do any glazes or washes; what you see is non-optimized layerin' at its non-finest . She was also a test for my new lighting setup (four daylight CFL's diffused with tissue paper) and for picture taking; I used both a Sony DSC-H55 and my Samsung Galaxy S phone in a macro-photography shootout, and the Samsung actually ended up taking much, much better pictures once I dialed it in (the Sony had some work too). All I did on the pics was crop and drop the black level a couple of points to get the pics almost perfectly color matched to the mini in hand. As always, jeers, tomatoes, questions, and criticisms welcome.
  • Create New...