Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Mites'.
Here's my latest newbie WIP. Trying to take some of what I learned from the Bones LTPK2 and apply it here. These little guys are for my current Pathfinder campaign. As you can see here, I've started on the prototype to see if I can get the skin coloration (primarily) and the rest of the scheme looking more or less right. I intend to have fun with these guys as they are meant to just be sort of the red-headed step children of the fey world (at least among the evil fey anyway). Needed two sets of these guys, so normally you only get 3 in a package. Will get around to dotting the eyes of the prototype mite, and am thinking a bright green for the cloak, but not sure how that will look next to the blue skin. Trying to avoid red though simply because red and blue are always my go to colors, and want something a little different this time around. Going with the blue skin though because per the lore, they are in fact blue. Think of them as evil smurfs. ;) Anyway, base coat on the skin is Heather Blue for those who are wondering. Thanks for taking a look!
These were a quick paint job for my pathfinder game, then they sat around for a while not even glued to the base when I just decided to finish basing them since the weather was so nice and my dining room gets lots of sun. The mites themselves are a little slap dash, but i'm fairly happy with how the bases turned out. I stuck down some Howard hues paint that had dried to a putty like quality and then leveled it of to the top of the base's lip with a toothpick. I then etched it up with an exacto a bit and washed Golden micaceous Iron oxide over it (which has enough warnings on it that I'm sure buglips would find it delicious) then a wash of black. The whole team. Edit: Sorry about the lighting. I take pictures outside and the sun was very bright and I couldn't find a way to get rid of the shadows. :(
As I need these little critters for my next Pathfinder RPG session, I here for the first time attempted something resembling speed painting, doing them all in parallel and pushing myself to not get bogged down with details. Still took me a couple of hours spread out over several nights, I really can't understand how some of you guys and gals can be so fast. The clothing is nothing but a base coat (colors were Olive Drab, Swamp Green, Mahogany Brown, Woodstain Brown and Tanned Leather) given a brown wash (GW's Agrax Earthshade), while the metals were just Honed Steel with a glaze of the Agrax Earthshade. What I did put a little more effort into was the skin, as I see it as the focal point of these nasty little fey buggers (I used the Ocean Blues triad, with a little Blue Liner around the eyes). It's still a bit rough, but tabletop worthy I think. Anyways, I hope you like em, and I always welcome comments and criticism!