Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Pewter'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • FAQs 'n Stuff
    • News
    • Reaper General
    • RVC: Reaper Video Channel
    • Chronoscope
    • Bones Miniatures & Legendary Encounters
    • ReaperCon
  • Craft Corner
    • Show Off
    • Painting Tips & Advice
    • Works In Progress
    • Shutterbug
    • Sculpting
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
    • Mini Exchanges and Paint Contests
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 29 results

  1. OK everyone. Not sure how best to post WIP after the fact. So, I'm going to post a few pictures at a time. I was paired to paint for Arc724 in the Summer 2015 Exchange. This was my first time, and his. Here's the link to the Show Off. http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/63001-02782-warl-hellbore-assassin-exchange-mini-for-2015-summer/ And here is the Fiction: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/63011-from-the-personal-holocron-of-master-bel’rheol-force-assassin/ Here are the starting supplies: A few angles of the mini. The base is a 30mm Tau-Ceti base from Secret Weapon. The Shoto (Short Sabers) are sewing needles I picked up at Hobby Lobby.
  2. Hey, folks. Picked up some kobolds for the PF game I'm running, and I finally got them painted. These are the metal set of four, by Ben Siens, from the Dark Heaven line. I'm afraid my photos are letting me down even more than my painting skills. I haven't figured out my setup, yet. I was really proud of how I highlighted these guys with orange highlights--I'm still working to eschew the too-white highlights and all--but they're washing pretty well in these pictures. Everything I'm trying lately tends to be either too light or too dark. Hopefully some of it's getting through, though. Thanks for looking. Comments and criticism are very welcome. I've got some Bones kobolds still to paint, so any tips however specific would be most helpful.
  3. I was working on a mini, and it looks like there's a crack... there isn't. I'm just wondering what I can do to resolve the situation without starting over. I've never encountered this issue personally, but it doesn't seem like it's anything particularly weird, so I'm hoping there's a straight-forward way to deal with it. I've been thinning the paints... so I don't think it's that. It finally got cold, so the air has been drier, but this is the only mini it's happened to. Here's a photo: Would adding a thin coat of matte medium over the area be helpful to fill the cracks? Is there a reason this happened? Is there anything I can do to, prep wise, to avoid this in the future?
  4. Finally got my Bathalian based. Went a bit lazy on this one. The idea was a simple dirt foundation base with a slime trail. For the slime trail, I simply glopped superglue everywhere around the bathalian. Also helped set him to the base, obviously. I used a superglue activator on the glue, since I didn't want to wait a long while for it to dry (there was a lot of glue laid down). It kept it from drying quite clear, but I think I kind of like the effect. I'll think more on it, but for now, I'm satisfied. As mentioned in my WIP thread, the back scales were done in MSP Christmas Wreath (quickly becoming my favorite green) with shading from PP Bloodstone, and Vallejo Model Color Fluorescent Green for the edging. The belly scutes were done with the new bone triad that came with the second paint set from the last kickstarter, and the other light bits were done with the same, except bathalian chiton taking the place of the midtone. Darker bits were shaded with GW agrax earthshade. Claws and armspikes were done with muddy brown and walnut brown. I thought about doing the back of his cranium in MSP Brains Pink, but I decided it would stand out too much against the rest of the mini. Finally, a scale pic with Tox the wizard standing in for Sir Forscale.
×
×
  • Create New...