Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Repositioning Bones'.
I was going to post this in Bones, but since I couldn't post pictures there, I figured I'd do it here. I'm one by one making an orc warband (no good reason, I may play them in something one day, and at any rate they'll be great for tabletop RPGs.) I love Tre Manor's orcs - the problem is they're a bit too big to fit on a 1" fender washer and if I put them on a 1 1/4" washer I can't fit them into my smaller miniature case. Besides, they'll be a bit big for our grid. I went over how I fit my first Tre Manor orc, a Marauder, in this particular forum post: http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/52371-reapers-gnolls-too-big/page-7 I was playing with an Orc Beserker (the one with the greatsword,) when on a lark I ran him under very hot water straight from the tap. It gave me enough flexibility that I gave it some thought. I chopped off a significant amount of the broccoli - I left enough to get plenty of surface area to glue down, but small enough to give me pretty much full range of motion when positioning the feet. I then microwaved some water, plunked the guy in, fished him out about a minute later and dried him off. The water was probably over a hundred degrees, but significantly cooler than boiling. This gave me plenty of time to reposition the feet and glue them down on the base. It actually gave me more than that, I was dissatisfied with the front foot, so I pried it up, turned it a bit, and glued it down again. Here's a picture, sorry about the focus, it's from my cell phone: Here is a close up of the feet: Incidentally, to be on the safe side, after this point I did immerse him in boiling water, do some slight stance adjustments, and gave him the cold water bath. I did this mostly because I thought it might alleviate potential stresses created by doing the relatively cold water adjustment. For example - when working with metal it is best to heat up metal that you've bent (into, say, a bracelet) so the structure re-aligns to it's new configuration. This may be unnecessary with Bones, but I thought it couldn't hurt. So anyway, I got an old digital camera from my dad (he's an avid amateur photographer,) but it didn't have a battery. I ordered one, if it gets here I'll continue on with this WIP. Next step - filling out the rest of the base with miliput. Comments welcome!