Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Scooby-Doo'.
I've previously posted Hasslefree's Velma analogue 'Louise' as a Miskatonic library assistant. High time I got the rest of the gang together. A cheap toy VW bus is key to this whole thing. The flowers and turquoise are my addition. We have Not-Fred-for-Legal-Reasons! (Barney, postapocalyptic version. No ascot, sadly, but a more dynamic sculpt.) Not-Daphne! (Felicity, also post-apoc version; she looks good with a bat) Not-Shaggy and his Great Dane! (Wolsey, standard version, and Hamlet; the box of SNAX I made from a chunk of sprue) And Not-Velma (Louise, featured in another post.) More turnaround pix: What sorts of shenanigans would these meddling teens get up to? and why would they be hired by the circus? (Obviously, the circus doesn't want or need the regular police, even if they could help with spooky crimes.) ' Shaggy would immediately volunteer to check out the midway, I think. "Hey Scoob! You ever had a turkey leg...wrapped in cotton candy?" *doglike sounds vaguely approximating the phrase "Not yet!"* Daphne splits off to search for clues (there are plenty), Behold! A performer about to take a Louisville Slugger straight to the groin! Somebody has released the animals from the Beast-Tamer's act! Good thing Barney knows how to make himself look big and loud, not like panther prey! That'll scare them off. Nothing beats legwork and research for getting to the bottom of a problem. Somebody's been embezzling and cooking the books, if Velma's calculations are correct (they are). Hope you enjoy...I certainly did!
I picked up Hasslefree's "Post Apoc Gang" in my first order from them last month (when they had a 21% off sale). Thought I'd make a thread to track my progress as I work my way through the team. The gang, from the HF website: I've started work on the first of the crew, "Wolsey" aka Shaggy. Mostly just making sure that I'm getting the colours right at this point, and I'm pretty happy with them, but holy moly that brown on the pants had terrible coverage. Soooo many coats required, but it looks decent now. The base has a coat of Vajello sandy paste with a couple of small rocks added; I'm going for a "wasteland" look rather than a ruined urban look. There's a small patch where the base's slot is still noticeable, but I think I'll end up covering it with a tuft later on.