Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Sea Hag'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • News
    • Reaper General & Faq's
    • Reaper's Product Lines
    • ReaperCon
    • Reaper Virtual Expo
  • Reaper Social
    • Exchanges and Contests
    • Birthdays!
    • Streaming
    • Socializing
  • Painting
    • Show Off: Painting
    • Works in Progress: Painting
    • Tips & Advice: Painting
    • Shutterbug
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
  • Sculpting, Conversion, and Terrain
    • Show off: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Works in Progress: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Tips and Advice: Sculpting
    • Tips and Advice: Conversion
    • Tips and Advice: Terrain
    • Tips and Advice: 3-D printing
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 8 results

  1. This was a fun sculpt - orange octopus definitely inspired by others :)
  2. From the second Bones kickstarter, the Sea Hag: A very simple but effective paint job. I started with a black undercoat with a heavy-ish light grey zenithal primer on. I slapped some Vallejo Nocturna Natural Flesh on the lower rags and Scale75 Arbuckles Brown on the top rags. Then I sloshed CItadel Athonian Camoshade all over it, drawing off most pooling to avoid those tidemarks. Very light drybrysh with Vallejo Nocturna Cold Flesh when dry. The hair got a coat of Vallejo Nocturna Pale Flesh followed by Army Painter Dark Tone Quickshade Ink. Eyes get a dot of Citadel Wazdakk
  3. She was the most difficult mini I've come across in quite a while. The mold lines put up a stiffer fight than usual, and figuring out certain details was more difficult than I expected. (It wasn't until putting on the final touches that I realized the thing on her arm was a crab!) I also made a point of trying different color mixes than usual. Her skin was a combo of Vampire Skin and Linen White with an over generous wash of Copper Verdigris that doesn't seem to be showing as much in the pictures. Her hair is a mix of various blendings of Dragon Blue and Christmas Wreath. Her squid f
  4. I painted a sea hag for a D&D session and she murdered a party member! My camera sucks so the pics are really fuzzy. Oh well, she was scary in the game.
  5. I've been painting this for a few weeks, but haven't posted any of my progress photos. I'll be posting things soon. For more info on this project, you can check out my request for help thread here where I discuss a few issues. Here are the descriptions I've been basing my paint job on. I've decided to make my interpretation sliiiightly further along in the change, because... we'll it's already going to be difficult. Photos soon.
  6. I got the Sea Hag in a bonus pack during last year's Hallowe'en promotion and just got around to painting her up. (Well, starting to paint her up anyway.) Thankfully I looked up Pingo's WIP thread where she commented on some of the details I'd missed, like the starfish on the back of the left leg and the crab on the back of the right arm! (Although I did clue in to the octopus... I'm blind, but not that blind... ) This makes two Julie Guthrie sculpts in a row for me (the last one was the Christmas hoard dragon) and I gotta say, I'm loving her work more with each one. So many details, but of j
  7. This is the Bones Sea Hag. She was pretty fun to paint. Lots of little details on her - 2 starfish, a crab, and an octopus.
  8. This is Julie Guthrie's sea hag, part of the core set of the Reaper Bones II Kickstarter. To begin with, I cleaned up the flash some, scrubbed her with soap and warm water, and primed her with Reaper's Brown Liner. When that had dried nicely I painted up her flesh with a pale sky blue and layered first a brick red color, then a pale yellow on her base for sand color.
×
×
  • Create New...