Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Serpents Skull'.
Warning, contains spoilers for the Pathfinder Adventure Path "Serpent's Skull". The Serpent's Skull campaign that I'm GMing is almost finished, and I wanted to put together something special for the final boss. I haven't been able to find any minis that came even close to representing this thing, so I decided to try to create my own 'mini' for the final boss out of green stuff. A lot of green stuff. I have made modifications to small miniatures with green stuff before, but I have never tried to sculpt something on my own before I made this thing. I expected it to come out horribly. I did make several mistakes : it is a bit too large, I should have done the pose differently, and the surface isn't very even. However, I'm actually rather pleased with the results. For reference, here is a picture of what the Avatar is supposed to look like. Yea, I didn't even try to do the scales detail aside from the belly scales. I created it by first making a wire armature and putting some ProCreate putty around it to form the basic shape. From there, I put green stuff on top of the ProCreate to get the details. The colors of the green stuff are a bit mismatched because I use some Citidel green stuff and some Reaper green stuff mixed with milliput. I think I will be using mostly the latter combination for future sculpts. Finally, I put a layer of CA glue on the surface of the thing to smooth it out a bit and help hold it together. I would show you guys pictures of the earlier stages, but I took those pictures with a cell phone camera and they look really blurry... The base I'm using is a 60mm round 'Desecrated Lands Set Two' base from dragonforge designs. It is sized for Huge creatures. I'm currently priming the 'miniature', and hopefully I'll have the whole thing done in one or two weeks.