Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Siren'.
Found 4 results
Wizkids Merfolk repair and repaint
lazarp posted a topic in Works in Progress: PaintingSo a while ago I bought 10 of these prepainted wizkids merfolk minis off ebay for cheap. The paintjob on them is horrible but I like the sculpts quite a lot and my dnd group used them all the time during our underwater adventure campaign and was quite happy with th. One of them was missing an arm and I just put her in "to do" box and didn't use her in my games. After some time I chopped of her hand for another project and in the end I was left with an armless and handles mermaid. Since my bits box has grown quite substantially during the last year I decided to pick something out for her in the arms and hands department and also repaint her. I will post updates on the process here and in the end make a new topic in the show off section. I'm open to comments, criticism and sugestions and I hope you like this proces! Thank you for looking!
Kev!'s Fomorian Siren - Celtos
Kev! posted a topic in Show Off: PaintingHowdy, I don't know what to say... Kev! P.S. Click to circumvent censorship.
Kev!'s Fomorian Siren Leader - Celtos
Kev! posted a topic in Show Off: PaintingHowdy, Yes, her tail IS prehensile... if you know what I mean? Kev! P.S. Click through to circumvent the censorship...
My finished (and unfinished) work
Izzy_Knits posted a topic in Show Off: PaintingHello everyone! After publishing a post about my first mini here, I listened to your precious advice and started gearing up for a new mini: the Mermaid (03554). It took me so long from the first mini to this one because I tried a few things on it... I first added a little starfish on the rock beside the crab, just because. And I felt her mermaid tail was a little boring, so I added little fins on it! Took me ages to manage to stick those tiny things on there, and it was my first time with green stuff. Yeah, lots of first times on this mini! Later I added some sand behind the rocks to give them more texture. And here is the finished product! More pictures of the primed and finished mini on this page, but WARNING!! She's a topless mermaid, you will see nudity! I played around with UV gel (yeah, for nails) and a nail polish top coat to add some real gloss to the water and fins, and I used matte on the rocks and a bit on the parts of her body that would have "dried" while she posed like that. I really tried to add depth and shine to this mini (compared to the other), so I used washes this time along with the dry-brushing method. Thanks to all of you who gave me tips! I used my brand new size 3/0, size 0 and size 2 Series 33 Pure Kolinsky Pointed paintbrushes for this one and I loooove them! :D Next mini: a simple dire boar, to take a rest from this adventure... Feel free to leave your comments/encouragements/tips, because it really helped me improve last time!