Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Thats right -- Pingo'.
So last winter I painted up some Reaper dragons. I thought about submitting them to the Reaper 3rd Annual Large Model Paint Challenge, but I was somehow dissatisfied. They were painted, but a little ... lacking. Also they had a tendency to tip over one way or another. For the most part, until now I haven't based. At the most I glue minis to pennies or fender washers and paint them illusionistically. But there's a first time for everything, and this time I wished to base these dragons. I started with the two smaller dragons, the fire dragon and shadow dragon. I traced them and drew contour maps for a layer or two of foam core board. I figured I'd try the lowest layer as a shape of bristol illustration board, something I had lying around, and I would glue them together and contour the shapes with epoxy. Here are the foam core shapes traced onto the board. And cut out with their pattern pieces; the bristol board too (at the top).