Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Vaeloth'.
Found 4 results
This is a mini that I painted up for my sibling for our D&D campaign. Sibling picked all the colors and I did the rest. I plan on doing some freehand on his shield but sibling has yet to decide what to put on it. I finally got my light box up and running, I'm still tweaking with angles and stuff to set things on so things like the front of this one aren't so dark. C&C welcome and appreciated.
Here is bad boy Damien and his adventuring companions, all bones: Damien (77149), painted for the bad boy contest: Sinessa (77119), here modified to be less evil looking, I will paint my second copy as the evil Sinessa. Vaeloth (77120) Tiviel (77118) They were a fun group to paint up
So I signed up for the Figure Exchange that is supposed to end this coming Saturday and picked Vaeloth, Hellborn Paladin from the Bones Kickstarter for my partner (who doesn't know who he or she is). Unfortunately, my summer exploded into all kinds of "too much to do" so I wasn't able to really get down to working on him until about a week ago. My intended recipient requested a scenic base, so this would be the very first time I've tried to base a figure. One problem I ran into, also related to "too much to do" syndrome, was that I wasn't able to locate starter bases at any of the very few stores I was able to check out, nor did any of them have "greenstuff" (or similar putties), so it has been a bit of an adventure trying to jury rig something over the past week. I finally figured something out using a tube of model putty I had on hand (it is also green but is a thick gel that is really intended for filling in gaps rather than molding), an inverted metal bottle cap and segments of V's original "broccoli" base. In the end, the gelatinous nature of this particular putty actually worked in my favour because I was aiming for a surface with the look of cooled lava flow. It may be hard to tell at this point, but it is intended to look like a spot where a very, very small, "micro-volcano" was created by thick lava bubbling up through the ground. Initially creating a dome of molten rock, the center collapsed slightly as it cooled forming a shallow crater. The spot has been solid for a long while while but something has stirred things up and lava is slowly beginning to bubble up again, causing the surface of the crater to start cracking. Hopefully the paint job I do will make this obvious. :-) Next I knew I had to "pin" V to his base, which I did with two tiny pieces of electrical wire stripped of its plastic coating pushed into each foot and then pushed into the top of the base along with a dab of Crazy Glue. I then used a little bit more of the putty to fill in spaces between his feet and the base. Next, I wanted to be sure the paint stayed on everything so I used white paint on primer on the whole base, though I didn't bother with V himself. Then I decided to try using the technique of doing the figure's eyes first, as described in this article: http://www.reapermini.com/TheCraft/12 So far so good!