Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'WoK'.
Going to try and keep a semi-proper WIP thread for once just to see if I can. I've been posting a WIP picture every Sunday to my Facebook feed to keep me motiviated but I want to pick up the pace a little seeing as the last model took 2 months. This is the smallest size of army for Wrath of Kings. 12 Infantry, 2 leaders and 2 specialists 6 Union workers (the pigs) 1 Union Boss (large guy with a gnome holding a whip on his back) 6 Defender Linesman (humans in steam powered armour) 1 Defender Linesman Guardian (guy with a larger suit and hammer) The Mighty Taur (The geneticaly modified cow, takes up both specialist slots) Only the basic assembley so far. Most fit together fine. The female linesman needed the peg on their sword arm removing. It has an L shaped key and if used as is her arm points directly behind her. Taur needed some filling work along his back where the armour plates met in the middle. For the bases I wanted something suitable to the technology in a fantasy setting but wouldn't be too busy and would be easily repeatable across a lot of bases, this is only a third of the infantry I've got a whole load more characters as well so anything too complex would be a headache later. (I did try to pipeworks bases that came with Relic Knights but they are just a tad too large for the WoK bases) The recess on the bases is fairly deep so I thought just filling it up with putty would be dull. I cut up some straws which will be sections of exposed undeground pipe once the putty goes in around them. One of them I cut a hole in so I'll paint up some liquid leaking out with a puddle on that base. The couple of sections of resin pipe are from the 40K basing kit and fit in the WoK base nicely. The metal cogs will be bent and/or cut a little and partially buried. The rest I've left blank they just get a basic putty treatmant. Keeps everyone varied but in the same theme then. The greenstuff on the large base is just leftovers from when I was filing in Taurs back which I used to mark where he'll stand to ensure there's no interferance with the pipes and where he stands. His staff goes down to level of the pegs on his feet rather than ground level so I want a bit of a dip for it to rest in as well. The plan tonght is to fill in the bases with milliput and drill out a hole in everyones exhaust pipes.