Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'agramon'.
I started this figure back in 2013 and stopped halfway through. This month I finally picked him up again and finished him. I tried doing the flaming sphere in purple and green. The results are less than impressive. If I had been brave I would have tried adding the light effects to his hand and arm. I was not brave.
I went out and obtained supplies to try a new painting style. I also decided to pick a non nude large mini to try this out on after a botched attempt on my spider demoness (botched demoness was prior to obtaining supplies). Cleaned and somewhat based. I didn't like my fast sloppy base so I did add more to it after. Primed, I read on the forums you can prime with Reaper liner. I only own red liner so I used that. Works super well, very pleased I got that info :) First coats of darker color. You should be able to do more of a wet blend on this style but my paint was drying way to quick for that. Will have to experiment. Done with my base colors. I worked up from darkest to lightest shades. I ignored detail and just tried to figure where I wanted my brights and darks to be. As you can see my pallet paper is a mess as are my hands, this was SUPER FUN! I thought not using a wet pallet would freak me out but so far so good. I may try my glazing after dinner. This may be a wonky first real attempt but it is so enjoyable. I only have a few wash colors to do the glazing. I am going to try to mix them with inks to alter them. I also ordered some stuff off Amazon to make my own washes ala the Les Bursley recipie, will have to see how they turn out.