Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'arthrand nightblade elf ranger'.
Found 4 results
Finally the spelunking diorama is finished (WIP thread). I am quite happy with the OSL, even though it was a struggle at times and obviously there is always room for improvement. The miniatures are two converted Bones Miniatures using Statuesque Miniatures heads and weapon swaps from the bitz box. The top level miniature was converted from 77049 Arthrand Nightblade, Elf Ranger and the character in the cave from 77387 Lanell, Female Rogue. The base is entirely scratch built, only the fern is an awesome photo etch kit by Chichkovshop and the foliage by MiniNatur. The initial lighting sketch was applied by airbrush, using violet, orange and turquoise. I then went back in by brush and added more contrast with yellows, greens and blues. I don't think anyone tried to depict fireflies so far, at least to my knowledge. They are made of paper and Greenstuff. So, how do you like my second OSL attempt? What could I improve with the next one, which parts do you like best?
Some may have seen it in the Facebook Group already, but I am working currently on a spelunking diorama that is a study in OSL. My first serious attempt at OSL it turned out to be a daunting and mindbending affair. I established the base colours and lighting via airbrush and then went back in with brush. Still a few things to fix, but it is getting there.
Some of my Reaper Bones
Kekso posted a topic in Show Off: Painting
Bones Arthrand Nightblade, Elf Ranger
Level1painter posted a topic in Show Off: PaintingLong time, no see guys. Sorry I haven't been posting much. Recently moved houses which has taken a month to do so. Anyways, managed to get some free time which I used to paint this miniature. I first primed the miniature with a black primer before using a white primer at a 45 degree angle to simulate a light source. I stuck with a mostly natural palette consisting mostly of greens, browns and yellow. When applying the paints, I thinned them down first so that they were semi transparent. Doing so allowed the paints to show through the simulated light source from the white primer. To tie it all down , I used a dark green wash to blend the paint job. For the base, I shaped the main stone piece out of an eraser. After mounting it on the base, I used a hot glue gun to create some tree roots. I then used pva glue and coffee grind to simulate dirt and moss before allowing it to dry. Painting the base was simple. Just a lot of dry brushing and a quick wash to blend it together. Feel free to leave comments, I love to hear feedback. - Level1painter.