Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'ash'.
This was done for a fun competition where you were supposed to recreate an album cover with miniatures. I chose the Army of Darkness Official Soundtrack. It uses the same art as the Movie. :) All I can post here is a WIP, pic. The rest, as well as the final result can be found in the links below, due to nudity.: WIP / photobox images: http://i.imgur.com/nnpwbFv.jpg http://i.imgur.com/9du3P58.jpg http://i.imgur.com/ntIrUGC.jpg Final result. There was no way to fit all nine minis, along with the scenery in my photobox, so the colours / paint suffered a bit in this one, but all in all I am happy with the result.: http://i.imgur.com/WPU1HEI.jpg
I am going to start a larger competition entry, and thought I'd make this WIP thread to help me keep a red line on the project. The task is to recreate a cover of a book or album. Nothing to post yet, except the cover which will be my inspiration for the entry. I have had it in my mind for a while, and this comp gave me an excuse to begin. Bits have been ordered, and work will commence once they arrive. :) Maybe a little sooner. ^^ As there are some things I can do right away.
So, I thought I'd go ahead and post these, as my exchange partner received them. Just hoping they arrived ok! only have USPS confirmation. I taped up the sword between two pieces of cardboard as it was very bendy I found and I was worried it'd break in post. But anyway I took pics first before shipping so here they are :) Yes, I took a lot lol since I wouldn't see it again I wanted to make sure I had a record in case I wanted to do something like it again :) few words about them: the wolf is supposed to be a timber wolf - I got some reference pictures and tried to duplicate that pattern. His eyes are quite dark because I just dislike the white showing when on most animals you won't see it at all (I realize there's a lot of exaggeration in miniatures but I just didn't feel right doing it on the wolf). The bases are a bit simple because my partner had expressed a preference for ones that would be useful in gaming and since there are two minis on this, I put them on a 40X40mm base I believe, but left them not actually attached, in case he'd wanted to put them on their own. I just used some paint and flock, pretty basic, to help them "match" each other and the base, itself. I'm pretty happy with a lot of the way the details came out, really this is one of my better minis. It's not on par maybe with some of yall's stuffs but I'm proud of this little bugger.