Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'berg ironthorn'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • News
    • Reaper General & Faq's
    • Reaper's Product Lines
    • ReaperCon
    • Reaper Virtual Expo
  • Reaper Social
    • Exchanges and Contests
    • Birthdays!
    • Socializing
  • Painting
    • Show Off: Painting
    • Works in Progress: Painting
    • Tips & Advice: Painting
    • Shutterbug
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
  • Sculpting, Conversion, and Terrain
    • Show off: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Works in Progress: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Tips and Advice: Sculpting
    • Tips and Advice: Conversion
    • Tips and Advice: Terrain
    • Tips and Advice: 3-D printing
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses
  • Reaper Games
    • Dungeon Dwellers RPG
    • CAV
    • Warlord

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. Last day for October, but still got one in. Battle Report! I realize this is not a halloween type mini, but the thought was there. I was testing a few things here, but can't believe what came out. I should have been taking photos as i went to articulate this point better, but I'll do my best to explain. Mistake #1. I thought i grabbed my bottle of black Stynlrez primer, but it turned out to be my black wash. It ended up making a cool effect on the model with highlights being untouched. Since this is a bones USA model, the material takes to paint and primers really well. Mistake turned into a win, but note the paint didn't grab the wash as well. Mistake #2. Tried to do a contrast paint effect. Didn't work. The contrasted area turned into a great template for me to work with in laying my next colors down, so not all a loss. The model looked muddy and i nearly just put it down. Mistake #3. I had to keep in mind, it never looks good at the layering point. KEEP GOING. Putting more color down, adding depth, and touching up with highlights makes a big difference. Now i felt like i was making progress and could see hope. I did the hair, and that made me feel way better. The brightness in the hair made me feel like i had some "pop" to it. Now we're getting somewhere. Overall, i added more layers, edge highlighted, black lined, and shaded in areas. He came out looking decent. Last model for October and I'm happy with him.
×
×
  • Create New...