Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'elven hunting cat'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • News
    • Reaper General & Faq's
    • Reaper's Product Lines
    • ReaperCon
    • Reaper Virtual Expo
  • Reaper Social
    • Exchanges and Contests
    • Birthdays!
    • Socializing
  • Painting
    • Show Off: Painting
    • Works in Progress: Painting
    • Tips & Advice: Painting
    • Shutterbug
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
  • Sculpting, Conversion, and Terrain
    • Show off: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Works in Progress: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Tips and Advice: Sculpting
    • Tips and Advice: Conversion
    • Tips and Advice: Terrain
    • Tips and Advice: 3-D printing
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses
  • Reaper Games
    • Dungeon Dwellers RPG
    • CAV
    • Warlord

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 3 results

  1. Hello everyone, now that my Perils of the Underworld diorama is built, I'll post here the detailed steps of my paintings sessions. The Work in progress of the display base can be found HERE. Let’s start the painting section with a hack to save time. When I paint a large surface, typically a terrain piece, I apply paint straight on the surface and spread it with a large brush. It’s way faster, since I don’t have to go back to the palette each time to reload the brush bristles. Here I’m using a #8 flat brush. As a base coat for the display I used 09660 powderburn brown. I filled the gaps and hard to reach areas with a #1 brush. At this step, I’m using old brushes as it doesn’t matter if the bristles are sharp or not. I then applied a dry brush of 09028 muddy brown all over the base. I dry brushed of 09028 muddy brown on the upper part of the 03602 stone lurker and started painting the bat as well. The bat is from the 02018, Familiar Pack I. I used the same colors on the bat's perch that those I used on the display base. I painted the bat body in 29843 solid black. Next, I started layering the bat wings with military grey (this out of production color can be substituted by 09438 tempest grey). Here’s the picture I referred to for the bat wing colors. For the bat fur, I used 09059 aged bone and the fingers were painted with a mix of 29839 maroon red and 09059 aged bone. Even if it will be impossible to see the back side of the bat when it would be attached to the display base, I painted it anyway. 17mm wingspan ready to take off. I applied a 29822 suntan flesh highlight on the stalactite, then a mix of 29822 suntan flesh and 09059 aged bone for the final highlights. Here’s the back side completed with a final 29822 suntan flesh highlight. Here you go, that’s it for today. Spread your wings and go explore the Underworld.
  2. Yet again, I am never happy with my photography. I don't know why but I no longer seem able to get decent pictures. Not sure if it's the camera, or the operator. As always, have a look, please give feedback, and especially any tips to help me get better. Still here they are. Starting with the grave digger. Cash made this look so easy. Me....I made this look so...something. Next we have Arthrand Nightblade. Elven ranger. I am really happy with this guys paint job, again, not so much with the picture. And with Arthrand, a nice elven hunting cat. Not my best work, but tabletop ready to be certain. And last but certainly not least, especially where size matters, the Bones Minotaur.
  3. So here we go again. Another WIP Let's see if I can keep up with it as well, or better than the last one. here he is lined, and cloak done in Dark Elf Flesh. and to prove I really am bad for stopping in between, Here is his tabbard, mostly done, and looking far smoother than I would have thought I could manage. 1/1 mix of carnage red and oiled leather for the base, brought up with palomino gold, and down with a bit of leather brown
×
×
  • Create New...