Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'french revolution'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • News
    • Reaper General & Faq's
    • Reaper's Product Lines
    • ReaperCon
    • Reaper Virtual Expo
  • Reaper Social
    • Exchanges and Contests
    • Birthdays!
    • Socializing
  • Painting
    • Show Off: Painting
    • Works in Progress: Painting
    • Tips & Advice: Painting
    • Shutterbug
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
  • Sculpting, Conversion, and Terrain
    • Show off: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Works in Progress: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Tips and Advice: Sculpting
    • Tips and Advice: Conversion
    • Tips and Advice: Terrain
    • Tips and Advice: 3-D printing
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses
  • Reaper Games
    • Dungeon Dwellers RPG
    • CAV
    • Warlord

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 3 results

  1. With my British infantry unit done, I finally sat down this morning to get started on French Revolution project expansion unit #2 (of 7+). This time it's British cavalry, and with the rules we'll be using (A Gentleman's War), the default cavalry unit is six figures. My recent casting sessions have produced the parts, so it's now a case of assembling them into some semblance of what I'm looking for: I see that I will be going back to file off even more of the original lapels and lace from the basic casting, and I'm going to try to add the rest of the helmet crest with some green stuff before painting. I built up the first figure as a test this morning.
  2. https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86590-40mm-french-revolutionary-wars-british/ As described above, finished up today... Now on to the next unit...
  3. I went up to Portland, Maine a couple of weeks ago for a historical miniatures gaming convention, and found, when the dust settled, that I was pledging to expand an existing French Revolutionary Wars project from a skirmish game into a battle game for next year. Details are in my blog. I am using home cast figures from multiple part German molds. After a solid casting session last week, I have a good stock of parts, so I settled in on Friday to see what I could do to build a unit of these 1792/3 British: I started off on Friday morning with parts, super glue, files, and an X-acto knife, and things were moving right along. Despite having other things to do, by Friday night my 12-man unit was assembled. I sprayed everything with black primer yesterday morning, and started in around lunch time. By 3:00 or so, I had the main colors roughed in on all of them. At that point, I wanted to see what they were going to look like when finished, so I took one figure from the group and lined the color separations, detailed the face, and did the various buttons and lace. My past experience with these figures is that the easiest way for me to get them done is to paint them in assembly line fashion until I reach a point where I have to turn a single figure around to deal with the lining and face, etc., after which it's faster to take them to completion one at a time. Since the last time I did a group of these, I've taken to using a wet palette, which looks like it will make that process easier, since the five or six colors of paint needed for the completion will all stay usable between figures. For a unit like this, small irregularities are not going to show on the table, but I wish that I had picked a different figures to finish for the initial pictures. i was well into this before I noted that the glue used to attach his head had left some roughness on the face, so he looks like a smallpox survivor. En masse, though, it shouldn't draw the eye. Now, on with the other 11...
×
×
  • Create New...