Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'garage kit'.
I don't believe I posted anything here in a few months. I like Jeanne well enough to paint her, but not so much that I'm going to obsess over the details. I needed a figure for airbrush practice so that made her a good candidate. The skin, red, black, and white were all done with my airbrush, while the metallics and hair were all painted by hand. I debated doing the design on her back since it'll pretty much never be seen. I rushed it too much so it's not as good as I would like, but with her back to the wall... The laser cut glasses are actually a bit too small for her. I re-positioned them a bit after I took the pics, but they are still off. Given I have nothing large enough to use as a photobox for GK, she just got sunlight in the kitchen.
As my first airbrush attempt on the Roman centurio was halted by the fact that the figure is so small, I decided to use a different figure, which would be ... bigger. So in Japan I got me a number of garage kits. One of them was a figure of a nun or mage (I don't know the figure, so I have no idea) and as it was some kind of a miscast or so, I got it for the cheap price of around 6 Euro. She's big enough to do some airbrush work. And as I want to train airbrushing, I don't want to ruin my first attempt by choosing wrong colours or too difficult painting concepts. Therefore: YOU CAN CHOOSE THE COLOURS! NO! I really mean it! Gimme some colours, people. Oh, yeah - That's the figure:
Sometime last year I showed off a garage kit that I picked up. It has been gathering dust since, but recently I did a little more prep work on it and primed the head. Now I know a lot of times you'll see these kits given a sold coat of paint and not much else, but I've decided to approach it much like a smaller scale figure. First, some skin. I just blocked things in and then did a little smoothing on the upper right. I"m not too worried about the sides of her face because once she has the rest of her hair it won't really be visible. Still, while it's off I'll go ahead and give myself some practice working at this scale. Then tonight I spent more time fighting my wet pallet than actually painting. The consistency got off and now I need to go back a fix some blends. In the meantime I used my well pallet and blocked in her eyes. Next paint session I'll clean them up and decide what direction she's looking.