Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'gargolye'.
Found 2 results
Siobhana, Vampire Noble (03150)
Rigel posted a topic in Show Off: PaintingSiobhana (03150) is one hell of a femme fatale in the Morticia Addams line. Zaftig and haughty, scornful and entitled. I wish I had gotten better lighting; her pale skin isn't great at showing contrast, She comes with a half-broken pillar of some solar celestial (a Pathfinder relic? it looks like it would fit with their iconic Cleric) and also a batlike grotesque. I think the Vorvorlaka (77631) represents another stage in that gargoyle vargouille life cycle. The sexy vampire lady and the horrible batlike monstrosities make for a good Hammer Horror aesthetic. Further experiments with tight-clinging fabrics. Please give me your tips and constructive criticism; I feel sure I can do better with sheer fabrics but am not sure what to focus on. C&C welcome!
77028 Mortar the Gargoyle, Maledrakhs second Bone!
Maledrakh posted a topic in Show Off: Painting77028 Mortar the Gargoyle: When I got this figure, both wings were pointing directly backwards. So I have boiled and repositioned the wings, and also moved the stance forwards, as it leaned way back. After a few days, both the wings and the stance had moved rather a lot back to their original position, so I have boiled and repositioned a second time. Sadly, it has started leaning backwards again. So the stance is more “jumping backwards in surprise” than “aggressively leaning forwards”…Hope it does not go any more backwards. At any rate, I used this bone to test my spray paints on the Bones material. I used Army Painter Uniform Gray Spray Primer and it worked beautifully! Absolutely no problems, even when the coat got a little thick in places. So a wash with army painter dark tone ink (the little drop-bottle, not the quickshade tin). These inks are great, as they have the same general effect and colour tones as the quickshades, but are water soluble and dry fast and matte. A good alternative to the turpentine-based quickshade, and also much less aggressively staining than most dark inks from other brands that I have tried. After that was dry, a quick and easy drybrush with Army Painter Uniform Gray, followed by a lighter one mixed with some white. The rest was small details like the claws, the eyes, and mount. Base. Done! This model has some horrible mold lines, in the pictures they are most notable on its back. I forgot to scrape them off…and afterwards it was too late. Oh well. Also, the leer on it's face makes me think I should have painted it as a clown or the joker.