Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'goblinmeance'.
Goblin Menace indeed! I was doing fine with the other group of goblins I did 2 weeks ago, but these little green bast...guys were not as fun. Wins: * Found an EXCELLENT new paintbrush - Master's Touch from Hobby Lobby. Dang! I've been missing this level of spring in the bristles and fine edge with them. Love it. * Tried diluting steel color with black ink to help with application. Worked great! Will do again. * Switched the Sta-Wet Palette paper that came with it to just simple parchment paper. I don't know who uses the actual paper in the Sta-Wet Palette, but that stuff is terrible! * Still using as much breast cancer awareness color pink (got like 4 bottles...need to use!) * dry brushing the hair came out much better this time. Lighter touch and more layers - worked better. Misses: * Eyes this time were more difficult. Tried doing those chibi eyes, but it wasn't as expressive this time. * Tried a base color of off-white in the eye - also didn't seem to give as much character to them. * Washed with Agrax Earthshade around the major bends and muscles. Didn't seem to work as well this time. I think it's time to try that black lining on the next goblin and see if Iike that instead. * using the new brushes have a bit of a learning curve to them. Much more springy and reduced my need for pressure, however this caused some interesting streaks when I didn't mean to. * I did it again! I tried using my finger to dab off an excess streak and ended up taking off some of the baselayer AND primer. With that being the second time it's happened - the best way I can describe what I did was the scene in Top Gun where the flight tower Captain gets a second fly-by. Overall the color of Goblin skin still works great, but basecoat of VCG Flat Green may not have been best. May just add black to Goblin Skin and then lighten it up as I go next time. Attempted different primers on them: Girl with spear - primed in black with Vallejo Black spray primer Chainmail goblin - primed in Vallejo Leather Brown spray primer (didn't like that as much...) Stone chuckers - both of them were done in paint-on Vallejo grey primer. (worked best) Overall, they aren't bad, but they aren't my best. Once I base them I'll feel better. Might even go back after a few days to touch them up to see if I can straighten out the things I missed. As always - open to feedback. Thanks for the tips on the Metallics thread. I put it to use, but still learning.