Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'grymkin'.
At GenCon I stopped by the Privateer Press booth and picked up a model called "The Wicked Harvest," which appears to be a sort of undead tree with accompanying temptress. I have no idea what the lore of this critter is like in whatever game system it was designed for, but there's an undead tree coming up in my players' future, and this will do nicely! Here are all the bits, partially assembled and primed with Tamiya Fine Primer. Here's a slightly closer look at the tree: This guy is made of grey resin, and came in seven pieces: - the top left branch (on left) - a hangman's noose (on left branch) - the top right branch (on right) - a secondary branch for the right branch (attached) - a secondary branch for the left branch (attached to the side of his head) - a left arm - a right arm - the trunk This guy is dangerous. He's already drawn blood! Specifically I jabbed my finger pretty well with an exacto knife while cleaning some flash off him. Ouch. I've opted to paint the upper branches separately because I think it would have been exceptionally difficult to do it properly with everything fully assembled. I didn't pin the pieces in place, but the attachment spots are sufficiently large that I'm not too concerned about it. Plenty of surface area there for a strong join. And here is his temptress friend. According to the stock photo on the box, these two are a matched pair and designed to be based and treated as a single unit. But I have no need to keep 'em as a pair, so she gets her own base. This one is from Micro Arts Studio -- a 25 mm one from their Ancient line. I have found these particular bases from Micro Arts Studio difficult to use. They've got a lot of interesting detail, but there's precious little room to actually attach a figure. I had to remove a "loose brick" from this one in order for the lady to have enough space to stand. But she does fit, so yay. The apple basket came with the Wicked Harvest kit. I pinned it to one of the two bits of rubble here. And now that they're primed, I have found more mold lines. Yaaaay.
I held out for almost 5 days before I could no longer resist starting something from my Grymkin starter set. Wasn't sure what I wanted to paint, but a bit of dice rolling randomly selected the Skin and Moans Warbeast:- The Internet has lied to me though. According to an un-boxing video I watched, I should've been able to assemble the whole starter set in about 3 hours, but it took me 2 hours to do just this one guy.