Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'ingrid the female gnome'.
Hello everyone, now that my Perils of the Underworld diorama is built, I'll post here the detailed steps of my paintings sessions. The Work in progress of the display base can be found HERE. Let’s start the painting section with a hack to save time. When I paint a large surface, typically a terrain piece, I apply paint straight on the surface and spread it with a large brush. It’s way faster, since I don’t have to go back to the palette each time to reload the brush bristles. Here I’m using a #8 flat brush. As a base coat for the display I used 09660 powderburn brown. I filled the gaps and hard to reach areas with a #1 brush. At this step, I’m using old brushes as it doesn’t matter if the bristles are sharp or not. I then applied a dry brush of 09028 muddy brown all over the base. I dry brushed of 09028 muddy brown on the upper part of the 03602 stone lurker and started painting the bat as well. The bat is from the 02018, Familiar Pack I. I used the same colors on the bat's perch that those I used on the display base. I painted the bat body in 29843 solid black. Next, I started layering the bat wings with military grey (this out of production color can be substituted by 09438 tempest grey). Here’s the picture I referred to for the bat wing colors. For the bat fur, I used 09059 aged bone and the fingers were painted with a mix of 29839 maroon red and 09059 aged bone. Even if it will be impossible to see the back side of the bat when it would be attached to the display base, I painted it anyway. 17mm wingspan ready to take off. I applied a 29822 suntan flesh highlight on the stalactite, then a mix of 29822 suntan flesh and 09059 aged bone for the final highlights. Here’s the back side completed with a final 29822 suntan flesh highlight. Here you go, that’s it for today. Spread your wings and go explore the Underworld.