Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'learntopaint'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Reaper Discussion
    • News
    • Reaper General & Faq's
    • Reaper's Product Lines
    • ReaperCon
    • Reaper Virtual Expo
  • Reaper Social
    • Exchanges and Contests
    • Birthdays!
    • Streaming
    • Socializing
  • Painting
    • Show Off: Painting
    • Works in Progress: Painting
    • Tips & Advice: Painting
    • Shutterbug
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
  • Sculpting, Conversion, and Terrain
    • Show off: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Works in Progress: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Tips and Advice: Sculpting
    • Tips and Advice: Conversion
    • Tips and Advice: Terrain
    • Tips and Advice: 3-D printing
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Found 2 results

  1. Since I finished up the Man-at-Arms, it was time to turn my attention to the other mini in the set: the Barrow Rat. I tried some of the advice I received on the board, and I think it turned out a lot better this time. Here's a top view. Not a lot of detail on display here, but you can see how I glued it to a bottlecap for handling (rub-off of the primer was a major issue on the last mini). You can also see that the base is primed, but not painted. I'll be painting it eventually, but I just wanted to paint the mini this time. Here's a side-view. You can see the fur texture pretty well. I think it came out pretty well. The fur is a bit "dirtier" than I intended. I need to thin out my washes a little more next time. I like how the pustules worked out. Other side. A little blurrier, but a closer view. More pustules on this side. A nice three-quarters view. I couldn't get a good head-on picture, but I think this shows the mouth off reasonably well. The white for the claws is a bit "leaked" on the ground around them, but that can be fixed if and when I paint the base. Overall, better than the Man-at-Arms. Not perfect, but I feel like I'm making progress.
  2. Okay, this is my first attempt at painting a metal mini. I don't think it looks quite as nice as my space marines, but I also experimented a lot more. The eyes were done as one of the earlier parts of the job, and it shows. Eventually, I just got frustrated with trying to get the eyes to look somewhat eye-shaped, and said "good enough." At some point, I may return and actually paint something on the shield. For now, simple blue will have to do. You can see where the wash meant for the metal rim intruded on the blue. I tried going with some vertical striping on the shield to suggest woodgrain, but the brush wouldn't cooperate with me. You can see where I tried a bit of highlighting on the edge of the sword and on the helmet here. It... didn't go as well as I'd hoped.
  • Create New...