Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'mind eater'.
Hello everyone. I finally got off my lazy butt and stopped staring at my mind flayer Bathalian long enough to paint him. I had been staring and contemplating for so long that I finally just started slapping paint on him without worrying about how he was going to look in the end. I think I am more or less happy with the results. There are some things I don't like but in the end none of that is really important. What is important is that I have another finished mini. I put so many layers on the outside of his cloak and it still wasn't enough, the darn green kept overpowering the yellow and
Intellect devourers were always one of my favorite D&D monsters, so I'd been planning on painting this mini eventually, but I never got around to buying it since it was kind of plain compared to most other minis. As fortune had it, though, I got it as a bonus with my last order from Reaper, so I decided to just do it. Color scheme was based on a mixture of the AD&D 2nd Edition Monstrous Manual intellect devourer, the more "realistic" 3rd edition version, and a smattering of actual crabs. As usual, the process of working on it is on my blog: link Un
Where My Mind Wanders (thanks to knarthex for the title inspiration): WIP here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/72333-hey-somebody-get-after-that-brain-77027-reaper-mind-eater-wip/ This was actually fun to work on, I learned a lot from doing it (highlighting was not one of those things). I was going to leave it as is, but Guindyloo suggested that I put roller skates on him. As awesome of an idea as that is, that requires Green Stuff (which I have) and skill using Green Stuff (which I don't have), but it did pu
Gadzooks!!!! I'm actually painting something again. Here's the bad boy I've chosen this time around: I actually have a colour scheme in mind after researching other people's work on this one, and have adjusted it according to my own whims. A quick slather of Reaper Brown Liner as a primer. And here we have a couple of layers of P3 Sanguine Highlight to bring some proper base colour, might put have to touch up a couple spots. After this: drybrushing!