Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'mud'.
Hi all: I did this guy a few years ago. I have to say, it was one of those figures that just didn't take to paint very well, but maybe he was toying with me for lack of skill... It was a key figure for me in that I think this was my first attempt at adding anything to the base. Funny thing, it's the bag/water sack that I like the most. best, -t
I'm working on this model at the moment: I'm looking ahead towards the base for the tree portion. I want the tree to be erupting from wet, chunky, sloppy mud. Something like this this stock photo, minus the two guys. Just mud. Any suggestions on materials for making that? Plaster? Red oxide paste? Something else?
I found a tutorial for mud bases. I thinking about make a grass bases for my blood bowl nun team, but the grass is broken with muddy areas. But if the nuns are playing on such a dirty place, they should look more muddy. Does anyone have a tutorial to create clothes and skin with mud on it. Or has example interesting example pictures with a short explanation?
My first goblinaid goblin painted. I can't quite remember what mix of greens I used for the skin. I know the basecoat was HD Turf Green. As a side note, the HD colors do work pretty well. One coat over a black primer, and it had good coverage. I was surprised. I tried to use different leather colors for all the different leather bits. The inner bit of his cloak is CDA barbarian leather. Tanned shadow for his loincloth. I used a Scale75 paint for the boots. Not a huge fan. They seperate out pretty badly. I had to open it up and mix it with a barbecue skewer to get it properly mixed. Even then, it was thicker than most mini paints I've used. Even thicker than Citadel paints. The fur accents on the boots and the cuffs are a base of slate grey from Scale 75, with rainy gray drybrushed over. Base on the back of the cloak was dark shadow, with dark skin as the highlight, and Citadel Nuln oil to darken areas. The base was done using Happy Seppuku's broken earth stamp. Primed it black, painted Reaper PP volcano brown into the cracks, and then Ginger Cookie over the top. In hindsight, I probably should have gone with something that was more of a light brown rather than tan. Ah well. Still doesn't look too bad.