Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'mushroom'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • FAQs 'n Stuff
    • News
    • Reaper General
    • RVC: Reaper Video Channel
    • Chronoscope
    • Bones Miniatures & Legendary Encounters
    • ReaperCon
  • Craft Corner
    • Show Off
    • Painting Tips & Advice
    • Works In Progress
    • Shutterbug
    • Sculpting
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
    • Mini Exchanges and Paint Contests
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 31 results

  1. Just in time for the replacement set to arrive and leave me a cluttered work table, I've wrapped up the first set of "Fightin' Fungi", from Ganesha Games' recent Kickstarter. The first few are some of my favorites. The Reaper, Monk, and Magician are just fun sculpts.
  2. So, I spent yesterday working on some of my Bones II stuff. I'm around 70 figures in, but recently I haven't been doing much, instead working on sewing projects or metal figures for my PCs... That has to change, though, since Bones III is coming! With the Core Set looking pretty monster heavy, I want to get a second, possibly a third - but I only want to if I can prove I'll actually paint them, which means getting a good chunk of figures out of the way. My goal is 2-3 a day for the campaign's duration. I started off the challenge with seven figures! I first did the Myconid Men, since the fact that they're all the same sort of mushroom meant I could pick a color palate and stick with it. I could only find five of mine - I think I gave the second medium one to a friend - but I have to say, they were fiddly. Not hard, just surprisingly detailed for the two big ones. Either way, five of them is a pretty intimidating little group... and for 5$, I'll probably wind up bringing it up to eight when I get the chance, just so that I can have a little choice when it comes to group size. Five is pretty much the smallest group of these I'd use, but I'd rather not just have my players fight the same suspiciously similar five-man mushroom band in all my campaigns... The next one (well, two!) I did was the Mountain Troll. I wanted them to be more like Fire Trolls or some other sort of volcano giant, since one of my DMs does a lot of stuff with Fire Giants, so I gave them really dark reddish skin using one of my Citadel Paints, Doombull Brown, hit with a wash of Brown Liner; it didn't photograph great, but it's like the picture of the back of the blue one IRL on both. I painted one with blue and silver armor, and one with red and gold, and I have to say I love the contrast of the blue and silver on the dark skin. This figure was super fiddley! The straps are really thick in places - I wound up painting them with either Blue or Brown Liner (Blue for the Silver one, Brown for the Gold) and then painting just the flat top of the strap with Sand Brown. And there are so many straps... I painted skin first, which was a mistake - next time I'll paint the basecoat on the straps, do the skin, and then just tidy up the straps before painting the details... Beyond these, I got another 12 figures washed and primed with thinned Brown Liner - The stone giant and a hill giant, and a whole lot of Bugbears. I also got skin done on three of the bugbears and painted the skirt and skin on the hill giant; it's the one with the club, not the one with the tree. Hopefully I can do those four today; I have to get my costume for Connecticonn done, but I should be able to finish at least the giant...
  3. This was a lot of fun. So nice to paint something sort of small again. I am going to have to pick up some myconid minions to paint for it now.
  4. So, as you may or may not have seen in the Summer Exchange thread, I painted up a Bathalian for RobinH. I included a note that had most of my thoughts/directions (or lack there of) with it, so I think I'll just post a bunch of pictures, and post part of the note below. Lots of pictures (and loads more I didn't put here) - I'm pretty happy with how it turned out overall, even if there's a few rough patches (I really should have painted the hand/book BEFORE it was attached to the muchroom). And now for my novella, for perspective, it's directed toward RobinH (in case you wonder who "you" is): Spoiler tags because WALL O' TEXT ETA - as you can see in RobinH's photos (in the Exchange thread) I patched up the black on the base after I took pictures - I didn't notice it was scuffed up before I took the photos.
  5. So while the Shrieker and Violet Fungus aren't my favorite PF monsters, one of my favorite PF modules has an encounter with them, and I decided it was about time to paint up some appropriate minis for it. I initially planned on just a single-color base coat, but that looked boring in practice, thus I decided to freehand spots onto them. I think I went a little too heavy with the wash coat on the violet fungus, but it turned out nicely on the shriekers I think.
  6. Welcome to Hallucinoshroomland! Here is a Fungus Patch that I painted some years ago. There were several corners and holes difficult to reach on this model but it was fun to paint. The sculpt is by Bob Olley.
×
×
  • Create New...