Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'pillars'.
Found 5 results
Bones 5 Statues of Zeus and HEBE
Magic Lantern posted a topic in Show Off: PaintingOK delay in delivery of next giant so working on random stuff. These two have been falling on my head regularly so I gave them bigger bases to start with! Base-coated them in Zandri Dust to start the process of painting them stone. Next stage should be a wash with Earthshade - but then I picked up the Gargrak's Sewer. I've been using it a lot to shade gold and bronze but this time I coated the whole figure - not even really trying for an even coat and the figures just turned into bronze. Today I gave the rub points a very slight drybrush with gold ( every public bronze I've ever seen has shiny spots and a couple of verdigris trickles. Actual painting time well under an hour and the base coat was most of that. ( the marble bases are off-white, a coat of contrast medium with a bit os Space Wolves Grey swirled in then veins of gold and white dragged in with a pin then gloss varnished)
Hobbit with wraith king
R2ED posted a topic in Works in Progress: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.Trying something a little different this time. I've got a friend who loves JRR Tolkein and I thought he'd really appreciate a little diorama. Since I have to ship this, I need it small and durable. Now, I get it that Bilbo's sword Sting glows bright when Goblins are near, but let's just say for this story it's glowing because danger is close. I have him in the stone henge area with a Wraith King coming around the bend. Let's just say this is about to get real... Starting this on some foam board. I was going to use some chip board, but didn't want the glue and stuff I'd be using for the base to get soaked in and bend. Using the extruded foam core for the stones. Carving them down was pretty fun. I'm thinking I might add some runes or something into them. I haven't primed them yet, so I still have time. The ground terrain is kind of fun - I used spackle, glue, sand, and some burnt umber paint. I'll do some grass and floral additions to it. You can see on one of the pillars that I used a different mix to surround the stone. That was the filler without the paint added. For the circles, I'll be leaving those open to put the minis into and can be taken out on their own. I'll be basing them to match the surrounding area, but Iike the idea of taking them out of the diorama when wanted. Open for any and all suggestions here. We're still far from done.
That right guys and gals their not just for wedding cakes ... I like to fill mine with expanding foam (when I have a few foam projects lined up, the can of foam never works for me later so it's a use it or lose it) chop em up (once dry) and butter the ends with something rough and stout (I used flexall) ... a few examples from a city set I was working on before I moved (still unfinnished) ... cities abound in hard cover so it's mostly for looks, nice looks but looks ... in a jungle or desert set it's a great way to add hard cover and have an overgrown lost temple (jungle) or lost oasis side ruins (desert) ... it's a simple and straight forward technique to add just the right sized cover in just about any table set you got ... I got a large bag of them fairly cheap at a craft store (Michesls) a great value for the buck. P.S. the Grey rubble is old model sprew rum through an old hand crank meat grinder ... who knew modeling could be so much fun !
This is another tabletop playing piece for my RPG group. It again came about from my parts box. I had a tiny metal alter and some plastic pillars, so I decided to build this (Sacrificial Alter Of Rama Kas - Evil Cultist). The piece is 10" x 6" and the base is ceiling tile cut to size & shape...I cast the stone walls & rock steps myself out of plaster...all woodwork is scale lumber...bolts are railroad bolts. The vegetation is an assortment of items that I thought would look good and fit the piece.