Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'rebase'.
I saw this guy in the store awhile back, and I had to paint him. But he seemed too big to be Large, so I decided he had to be Huge. Being Huge (and top-heavy), I also figured that he needed a bigger base to reflect a 15x15' Space. In retrospect, I wish I'd done him with a circular base to have a little less negative space, but overall it was a fun flock experiment. :-)
This is an earth elemental mini of unknown origin. I've had him for years, but never thought about painting him (or any of them really) until recently. I like how he came out, except that the varnish made him really pale. D'oh! The original base for the mini was really tiny, making him prone to tipping over in gameplay, so I wanted a bigger one that was heavier and reflected his 10x10 space. This one is mostly glue and rocks, so it seems plenty sturdy. :-)
The base the prepainted "SOTA Nightmares" Nyarlathotep comes with is solidly made but kinda bland. Took a 12" wood disk and started with a black base coat and sponge stippled a few colours on, followed up with toothpick dotted stars. And here is what It looks like on the new base. scale comparison with 02229: Brag Ironballs...