Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'squiddlyface'.
Finally got my Bathalian based. Went a bit lazy on this one. The idea was a simple dirt foundation base with a slime trail. For the slime trail, I simply glopped superglue everywhere around the bathalian. Also helped set him to the base, obviously. I used a superglue activator on the glue, since I didn't want to wait a long while for it to dry (there was a lot of glue laid down). It kept it from drying quite clear, but I think I kind of like the effect. I'll think more on it, but for now, I'm satisfied. As mentioned in my WIP thread, the back scales were done in MSP Christmas Wreath (quickly becoming my favorite green) with shading from PP Bloodstone, and Vallejo Model Color Fluorescent Green for the edging. The belly scutes were done with the new bone triad that came with the second paint set from the last kickstarter, and the other light bits were done with the same, except bathalian chiton taking the place of the midtone. Darker bits were shaded with GW agrax earthshade. Claws and armspikes were done with muddy brown and walnut brown. I thought about doing the back of his cranium in MSP Brains Pink, but I decided it would stand out too much against the rest of the mini. Finally, a scale pic with Tox the wizard standing in for Sir Forscale.
I haven't done one of these in a while... Started up a new mini to keep me busy. I haven't done any bathalians, aside from Professor Kraken, so I thought I'd give D'Kuhl a try. Haven't done much so far. Just primed, then basecoated his robes in red and purple, and put on some heavy shading. I'll be painting over the majority of the shading as I go along, so only the deepest parts will show. Probably going to go with a nice yellow or orange for the trimming on his robe. I'm planning olive green for his skin, and then I'm going to try the Vallejo fluorescent green and yellow to give him some distinctive markings. Hopefully it comes out looking all right. If not, I'll just paint over it. Back view of his robes.