Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'temple'.
Is the dragon Lavarath and the rider Kyra? Anyway, the rider's moulding was a bit soft so I binned her. I was going to stick the dragon on a 100mm base but decided to make one instead. It's foamboard and XPS foam, and the columns are 3D prints from Amazon. I also used lots of flock, flower tufts and static grass.
The next project should be a bit easier than the ships. Have brought 3 boxes of cardboard letters from Aldi. They are on sale and were part of their middle isle wedding stationery promotion. They spell "L OV E" not "F I R S T T R Y". The idea is to make a temple wall complex/ set of sewer walls / set of docks. When stacked together these are 5cm high, 20cm long and 15cm wide. I wanted some terrain that was modular, stackable, and tall enough to block line of site. Also that models could be pushed off. I cut and stuck the L and the E together to make a "C" shaped Dock. Greenstuff rollers (bricks, and Ancestral Recall) applied to 5mm foam stuck to the walls and floor. There will be a grate in the bottom of one wall. Painting will just be black or brown mod podge then dry brushing. I am going to try and add some vines/flock/green weathering. Am then going to make a series of arches out of the "O" letters. The middle of the O is the perfect size for a single based 28mm model. The "V" will either be a redoubt or turned into straight walls with some waste.
Finished up a couple of figures from the Temple of Set project. The guy on the left reminds me of someone I saw in a movie once [wink]. The cultist originally had a flail or scourge in his right hand, but it broke so I replaced it with a second blade.
I love doing scenes and i took a lot of time doing this one. I tried many times to heat up in water the candleabras but they just would not straighten out. if someone knows a trick or two send 'em my way. Putting in the tiles one by one took a long while, had to stop regularly because the glue gave me headaches after a while. It was all worth it.